Aa
A
A
Close
Green stool with bloating and sulfer gas
For the past 2 weeks I've had terrible bloating (I look pregnant), horrible smelling sulfer gas and my stool is green. The stool is formed but soft.  I have anywhere from 2-5 BMs per day but most are small.  This is normal for me as I eat small meals every 2 or less hours.  I am 34, female, not overweight, no medical problems, not taking any meds, live a very healthy lifestyle running outside 15 miles a week, lift weight 3x week, eat a ton of fruit and veggies, cook all my own foods, nothing processed, I even eat fiber pills like candy maybe 5 a day.  I also eat fiber gourmet pasta which has 18g fiber per serving, I will eat that 1-2/x per day.  Could this be due to too much fiber in my diet??

I have no other symptoms, no fever, no pains, it's not psych related I meditate daily and am pretty relaxed, not stressed much at all.  I tested my GI transit time by eating a can of beets and saw them come out exactly 48hrs later.

The bloating seems to get worse as the day progresses.  I wake up with a flat stomach but by days end my pants are tight. The green stool has no mucous or blood in it.

I started eating yogert but it does not seem to have an effect yet (been doing this for 2 days now).

Should I go see a GI doctor? Or take some probiotics?

I did take clindamycin about 6 weeks ago for a tooth  infection but my bowels returned to normal after that for a few weeks (no bloating or gas, brown stool), now all of the sudden green poo....what gives?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Did you ever figure out what was causing your symptoms? I am having the same issues, and have the same dietary and exercise habits, with the exception that I don't take fiber pills...
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources