Gastroenterology Community
Growling sounds coming from throat

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Growling sounds coming from throat

I am having these continual wierd kind of growling sounds coming from my throat but they are originating from my stomach and I"M concerned that it is related to my having increased acid reflux lately. My gastroenterologist says it's air, but I still don't understand that.. we have setup an endoscopy to be done Feb 12th, but I still don't understand this.  Can you please help me?
Avatar n tn
I have the same problem. Mine is a strange girgling sound (almost like a frog) and it only seems to do this after I drink something. It will usually lasts for a couple of hours as well. What is REALLY strange is that when I lay down on my back or on my right side it goes away. When I lay on my left side it continues and seems the worst. It feels like I have a drip in my throat that builds up so I do a lot of throat clearing. Immediately after swallowing I can feel an air pocket and then the sound will trigger. I read another post of someone with the same problem. They mentioned that they never burped growing up, and neither did I. This is not painful but the sounds can be loud which may disturb my girlfriend. It's a little embarrassing.
Avatar n tn