Gastroenterology Community
H. Pylori Smell
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

H. Pylori Smell

Help. I have been battling this issue since August.  I was diagnosis with H. Pylori and have completed the antibiotic treatments. Prior to being diagnosis with H. Pylori, a horrible odor was being emitted from my body.  It seems to be intestinal and with odor..often smelling like bowel and/or ammonia.

While taking the antiobiotic treatment, I was hopeful that the smell would stop.  It seemed to decrease (although it never completely stopped) during the treatment, but has now gotten worse again.  Different foods tend to trigger worse episodes.  I have been back to my doctor several times and they make me think that I am crazy or that they have never heard of this before.  My last visit..the just told me to take 2 probiotic pills a day for 14 days and then continue with 1 a day.  Then I should contact them in 2 weeks.  I have done everything that has been asked..but NOTHING is working. In the meantime, this smell is taking over my life and I am extremely self-conscious as others can smell it too.

Any suggestions? I am going to try to and find another physician in the meantime.  This is not normal for me and I need to get this resolved.
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
hi, can i know what's your symptom/s ?
Blank
I don't have any gastric pain, but I do have alternating bouts with constipation and diarrhea. Other than that, my BIGGEST issue is the smell that is emitted from my body.  I feel like I need to "hose down" my insides.  It is rather disgusting.
Blank
Hi, teebee1234, I sympathize with you because I have had the same problem for a long time.  I started out with an infected tooth.  Went through alot and I mean alot of antibiotics.  Now, I have this awful body odor that I can't get rid of, it comes and goes.  I used colloidal silver, aloe vera juice, betonite clay, all types of acidofilus pills, but I think the abcess (abscess) drained into the gut and I can't get it out. Try this aloe vera juice 1/2 cup, 1tsb betonite, apple juice (herbal book)  Good luck, franky
Blank
i have the same exact problem. I just got kicked out of the bus today because of my odor. It kicks in more after a ciggarette or when i sweat. Its interfered with my social and school life. Im embarrased to go to the doctor because i will stink up the waiting room.  So far i noticed when i drink nothing but water with fresh squeezed lemon in it and eat nothing but fresh pineapple..i have noticed it takes away the smell enogh to be able to be in a room without penetrating it. Im finding different ways what can i do different to take away the smell. If u guys find the answer please let me know.
Blank
1978492_tn?1326158685
one thing that works it to like go to sporting goods and buy the hunting soaps, deodorants etc that take away the human body smell, then also like get gold bond medicated foot powder and apply over body...... ......
Blank
1978492_tn?1326158685
one thing that works it to like go to sporting goods and buy the hunting soaps, deodorants etc that take away the human body smell, then also like get gold bond medicated foot powder and apply over body...... ......
Blank
Take some garlic,Garlic=natural antibiotic, anti-viral, anti-fungal...will help...better to smell like a garlic clove than H.Pylori!! try it, pure, raw or in oil capsules...you must also do the anti-biotic treatment...drink plenty of water, and avoid juices and pop because they contain a lot of sugar, try to eat many small meals instead of 2 or 3 big ones...Try not to go without eating=smell will get worse- I recently had a relative deal with this and the raw garlic on a piece of buttered bread really ,really helped! a bit of baking soda in lukewarm water wil help soothe the acid, but wont cure you...good luck!
Blank
I am also experiencing same. My body odor is worse when I go without eating. I am awaiting biopsy results for H Pylori. Are you able to get rid of your body odor?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...