Gastroenterology Community
H pylori testing!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

H pylori testing!

If I took stool test, blood test, and breath test showing negative h pylori, could I still have it? I heard biopsy is the most accurate.

At the beginning of September I started having stomach inflammation and swelling in my upper abdomen. I did not have any other symptoms. I had recently come back from Cayman Islands, had stress, and came off antidepressants because it was causing me insomnia and it was time for me to come off meds because they were causing me more problems. I was on them for 2.5 years because of a breakup and my dad’s death. My testing consisted of h pylori, stool tests, parasites, candida, abdominal ultrasound, adrenals, etc. My h pylori blood test showed border-line (iga showed high 17.2, igg normal, and igm normal). The doc says this means I may have had it in the past, but that if I did, it's gone. Breath test showed negative for h pylori and stool test showed negative. I tried Nexium for 2 weeks but it didn’t seem to help with anything. I started changing my diet and added supplements like glutamine, marshmallow root, turmeric, and DGL. I knew that during Christmas holidays I wouldn’t be perfect. I planned that in January I would do a 3 month diet to heal my gut. I chose Paleo because I heard you need to remove grains to heal your gut (ex. Leaky guy). My stomach wasn’t two bad but at the end of the holidays I at something that made me get extra inflamed with burning and nothing was helping. I tried cabbage juice and noticed an improvement back to where I was before the extra inflammation. I have been taking cabbage juice 4 times a day for a week and plan on it for another 2 weeks. I am seeing a Functional Doctor and want to get a second opinion. First he wanted me to do the ketogenic diet since ketones heal and reverse chronic illness, but Paleo is as far as I’m going to go. I did an Elisa/Act test and recently removed the items from my diet like Cow Dairy, Spinach, Olive Oil. My blood test showed Candida but my stool test didn’t, but maybe my diet got rid of it? Or maybe the stool test didn’t test for it. I am trying to avoid an endoscopy because it costs so much plus what can they tell me that I can’t already fix with diet and supplements. After receiving the stool test this week, my Functional Doctor gave by Butyrate and Barberine. So what is wrong with my stomach? My Functional doctor seems to know a lot and very smart but he says my body is fighting something, but we’re not sure what. Do I need an endoscopy? Or just continue to heal my gut through diet and supplements. He also wants me to stimulate my parasympathetics by doing coffee enemas, gagging, etc. I wish someone could tell me what my problem is, gastritis, ulcer, gallbladder function, h pylori, leaky gut, SIBO etc. I want to know what I’m trying to fix. And really what caused this out of the blue. I wasn’t even eating that much food when this happened, let alone anything bad. I have no parasites but my stool test shows +4 potential for Citrobacter Amalonaticus, that’s why he gave me Golden Seal (Barberine).