Gastroenterology Community
HELP ME, No Stones, but TONS of pain

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

HELP ME, No Stones, but TONS of pain

I have been having a ton of pain underneath my sterum. I was admitted to the hospital for 2 weeks in April. I've had every test done and there are no stones. Last week, they finally found evidence of my pancreas acting up, through my blood work. Yesterday at the ER, they did another ultrasound and found that the duct from my pancreas was 7mm dialated. My GI doc seems to think that there is nothing wrong. He continues to just give me different medications, all of which do not work. I've been to the ER 4 times since I've last seen him 2 weeks ago. He won't squeeze me in to see him until July 29th. I am in a lot of pain, and have been on pain meds for the past 3 weeks. I've scheduled a second opinion, as I feel my current GI doc won't give me the time of day, and does not seem to care when the ER docs call him to inform him of my current pain.  I just started doing my own homework and reading up on similar cases. Is the sphyncter of Oddi something I should be considering a culprit at this point? Any feed back would be helpful!!
Not much to add other then I am pregnant and in a very similar situation.. I've been having massive attacks at least once every 3-5 days and have been in the er at least 4 times.. no one will take my gallbladder and I'm in misery, tonight it hurts alot and am debating If I should go again. ugh!
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers