Gastroenterology Community
HIDA Scan

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

HIDA Scan

I had a HIDA scan done today, and I was told the test would take approximately 2 hours...the first part of the test ended up taking 2 hours itself...also they had me roll on my left side to take some pictures...is that normal?  Then when they were doing the second part of the test there was a power outage - I still had 22min left of scanning - will the results of that be reliable?
Tags: scan, test
mmm they never had me roll on my left side.. maybe the tech wanted to see if some of the "dye" would go back into the stomach to test for.. oo.. i can't think of the name..when enzymes and bile back up into stomach..?

I dunno anyway no I never did that, hope your test results show something!