Gastroenterology Community
HIDA scan

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

HIDA scan

Does anyone know if your HIDA scan is normal can you still have a bad gallbadder? Or not a great functioning gallbladder?
YES!
From my own experience, your HIDA scan can be 'normal'-appearing one day and the very next day, upon rescanning, it can show up as sludgy. Mine had to come out immediately. Of course, I was having the green bile vomitous by that time but I would, if I were you, go to an expert in the field and follow up on this until something is definitely explained to you.
Good luck....no fun!!
That is my exact question also.  Thank you for the answer sundawn.  My HIDA scan was 77% Ejection fraction, but it still hurts in the same area.  I went to an urgent care clinic today & got  painkiller, and an anti-spasmodic.  I go a gastroenterologist tomorrow.
The reason I was asking is last year my Ejection fraction was 24% and this year it is in the 40's. I have gastrophersis with total gut dismotility. I have a Gastric pacer. But recently I started to vomit and not be able to keep anything down. Now they want to take some fluid out of the gallbladder and see if theres crystals. So I wasn't sure if the gallbladder could be causeing this. When my Ejection Fraction is normal.
Thanks for the info I have had a Ct scan that has shown a distended gallbladder and bile duct, high white blood count RUQ pain , as well as in back shoulder hospitalized each time in the past two years, HIDA Scan came back negative so they will not remove my Gallbladder. I bloat up every time I eat, I am unable to throw up due to the Nissan Fundlplication I had done 2 years ago. I am miserable So I am heading to the big city to a specialist within the next month and I hope they will remove my Gallbladder.