Gastroenterology Community
HIDA scan

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

HIDA scan

Does anyone know if your HIDA scan is normal can you still have a bad gallbadder? Or not a great functioning gallbladder?
YES!
From my own experience, your HIDA scan can be 'normal'-appearing one day and the very next day, upon rescanning, it can show up as sludgy. Mine had to come out immediately. Of course, I was having the green bile vomitous by that time but I would, if I were you, go to an expert in the field and follow up on this until something is definitely explained to you.
Good luck....no fun!!
Avatar n tn
That is my exact question also.  Thank you for the answer sundawn.  My HIDA scan was 77% Ejection fraction, but it still hurts in the same area.  I went to an urgent care clinic today & got  painkiller, and an anti-spasmodic.  I go a gastroenterologist tomorrow.
The reason I was asking is last year my Ejection fraction was 24% and this year it is in the 40's. I have gastrophersis with total gut dismotility. I have a Gastric pacer. But recently I started to vomit and not be able to keep anything down. Now they want to take some fluid out of the gallbladder and see if theres crystals. So I wasn't sure if the gallbladder could be causeing this. When my Ejection Fraction is normal.
Thanks for the info I have had a Ct scan that has shown a distended gallbladder and bile duct, high white blood count RUQ pain , as well as in back shoulder hospitalized each time in the past two years, HIDA Scan came back negative so they will not remove my Gallbladder. I bloat up every time I eat, I am unable to throw up due to the Nissan Fundlplication I had done 2 years ago. I am miserable So I am heading to the big city to a specialist within the next month and I hope they will remove my Gallbladder.