Gastroenterology Community
HP pack 7 days

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

HP pack 7 days

i was dignosed for H Pylori postive and given medciation Hp. Pac for 7 days.

After taking the medication for two days, I feel very uncomfortable. especially that  my mouth is so dry and taste so bitter.  Is this normal? Please help.

I was also diagnosed positive for h.pylori and put on the same treatment, but oddly my doctor prescribed me a 14 day treatment plan with hp pac ?  Nevertheless in regards to your symptoms I want to reassure you that the side effects you are describing are nothing out of the ordinary and I am currently suffering the same problems with these insane amount of antibiotics ! However, keep up with the treatment for in the end effect the pros outweigh the cons.
the treatment can be 7 days or 14 days, depending on how severe it is; it can be taken 14 days just to reassure that you get rid of it completely. Approximately hour and a half after having the meds, everyone feels a bit of a bitter taste in their mouth; so it's completely normal.
I was just diagnosed after 10 years of stomach and heart burn issues and my meds for it weren't helping even a little , i had finally been sent for a gastroscopy and that one of the many things i have is h.pylori and am on a 14 day treatment. its horrible i feel like i have the worst flu imaginable =/
on day 3 , do the side effects get less after taking for certain amount of time or continue??