Gastroenterology Community
Has anyone had allergic reaction to Honey Nut Cheerios
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Has anyone had allergic reaction to Honey Nut Cheerios

I have had  severe allergic reactions on two separate occassions about two hours after eating Honey Nut Cherrios.  These include hives over entire body, swelling of throat, etc.  When I get to this point I take Zyertec which calms the situation.   I really like Honey Nut Cheerios.  I have been allergy tested for reaction to nuts which did not show
positive.  Also, I eat nuts and do not react to them.  Does anyone know of anything else in the Honey Nut
Cherrios that might be giving me this problem?  

Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
701334_tn?1262857103
its the honey,,,i would almost bet!,,,alot of people are illurgic to honey for one reason or another.
Blank
yeah,
am teribly allegic to honey.it is hard to tell if it is the honey since we all assume honey can not be allergic. but i eliminated all foods after having serious stomach aches after eating honey and i now know better. if you have to use it,my advise is use very very little and use it with milk..otherwise you will end up in a doctors room with serious stomach issues.
Blank
My daughter had the same reaction 2 hours after eating honey nut cheerios.  Do you eat them with milk?  She eats them with soy milk, so I'm wondering if it's the soy or the cereal.  She has no problem with honey.
Blank
1983221_tn?1333509785
Weird, I just had a heavy duty allergic reaction after eating honey nut Cheerios!  I'm not allergic to honey so it must be something in the Cheerios!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...