Has anyone had the whipple procedure?
I have been battling chronic pancreatitus for over 2 yrs. CA- 19 tests are high, had stents put in & taken out of bile duct several times. Now my Dr. has said the stents aren't helping & has mentioned the "whipple procedure", I'm scared that envolves alot!Is there anyone out there who has had this done?  I haven't been told yet if it is cancer, most research tends to lead that way  when this procedure is used.I would be so very grateful for any information on this. Thank you.
I haven't had a whipple, but a friend of mine did after nearly losing her life to panc and recurrent pseudo-cyst infections.  The sugery is apparently very difficult to recover from, and it took my friend a good 2 years to get back to really living again - but she DID get better. She knows she'll never get back to what she was before the panc struck, but she is enjoying living now. Something to think long and hard about, and get second and even third opinions on.