Health problem causing distension.
Hey, I'm female/22

For the past few weeks I've felt extremely bloated and constipated. I started off feeling very "gassy" and then out of nowhere I had this huge stomach distension problem and wasn't able to pass stools or even really pass gas.  I talked to my doctor and she told me to try two colace in the morning, miralax in the middle of the day, and two more colace at night. I've been taking them regularly everyday but the stomach distension is still there, and I've been feeling a bit crampy but still barely passing stools. When I do it's either barely any and they are hard, or I have a bit of diarrhea but it'll stop abruptly (before I feel like I'm finished).

My stomach is normally very flat but its like I look like a completely different person now. This is very frustrating, I feel  very insecure due to this constant distension. I don't quite know what's wrong with me yet but is this distension permanent? Will I always have it now? Or will it go away? It looks like I'm pregnant (and there's no chance I am)... ,but that's how it looks, like I'm a couple months along. I thought maybe it was just backed up stool at first but now I'm a little nervous it's something more serious.

Is distension permanent? Will my body ever go back to normal?
Hey. When you went to the doctor, did she try and figure out why you are having these stomach pains or did she just prescribe you those medications? Clearly she has not helped you. She should have asked for a stool sample. It sounds awful but it's important because there are gastrointestinal infections that can only be diagnosed if the stool is analyzed.
   They will give you what you need and you can do it at your home and come back (or at least they did for me).
    If they still can't find what's wrong, then at least they ruled something out.  Try and remember if anything in your diet has changed in the last month or if you've taken any new antibiotics even if you started taking them a month or 2 ago and discontinued. The gastrointestinal infection I had, called Clostridium Dificile was caused by an antibiotic that I discontinued 3 weeks before the infection.
  If this is irrelevant, sorry. Hope you find out what's wrong.
what are you eating? are you getting enough fiber in your diet? are you drinking enough water? what about exercise? do you walk every day for at least 30 minutes? you need these 3 things--fiber--water & exercise -  in correct amounts each day for your bowel to work and your colon to be normal.