Heartburn, diarrhea; gas; and bloating-Are these things related to IBS???
Hi. I am a 37 year female and for about about 4 months have had diarrhea (at least 6 days a week) and usually only in the morning. I have also had heartburn for about 8 months. Lately, I have been experiencing gas and bloating and have to take simethicone almost 4-5 times a week. Does IBS cause these things in conjunction to eachother? I am going to make an appt with my doctor but my symptoms seem all over the map, so to speak, I don't really know how to pose my questions. Any help is appreciated!!!!! thanks!  
Hi, I am 50. I have had ibs for over 15 years. My symptoms change from time to time. Now I am bloated, nauseated,right lower pain and are either constipated or have dirrhea. went to gastroenterologist today for colonoscopy and says he doesnt see any crons or inflammation. i was sure i had ibd or crohns due to my symptoms but he did do biopsy to see if i have colitis or what.

Dr thinks my bloating is from the constipation. I really don't know what to think anymore. I know that if I restrict certain foods I do better.  But to answer your question. Yes with ibs you can have bloating, gas, dirrhea,constipation,abdominal pain...But I still think that I have either a gluten intolerance or celiac if not crohns...I am considering going to another doctor.this one just keeps telling me ibs. if i have ibs then why is my folic acid too low and white blood cells elevated all the time. b/c ibs is just a functional condition not even a disease. but crohns will cause white blood count elevation and or b12/folic acid deficiency...anyone out there have any ideas i would really love to hear from you.

Funny Celeste - we have more in common than expected :)
I've had IBS for about 9 years now. I've had the diarrhea, bloating, gas, and horrible cramps. Had a couple of fun times where the cramps got so bad, I got light headed and passed out in the bathroom, only to wake up from the floor where I had apparently launched myself across the room in my unconscious state. Got head abrasions the first time (bog bathroom) and a concussion the second time (water closet). No fun. My doc actually put me on Zoloft for it - that's fun explaining to people. He says it regulates my moods so it triggers the IBS less.

Yes - it hasn't helped much over the last week... wonder why ;-)

Susan