Heartburn for 7 months
I have had heartburn for 7 months.  I haven't ever suffered from heartburn except when pregnant it was only when I had spicy foods.  
My heartburn is mild and I usually don't take anything.  But I have it around 5-6 days out of the week.   It doesn't seem to matter what I eat I still suffer from it .  Although some foods bother me more then others.  I usually take something like Tums maybe twice a week and sometimes that helps and other times it doesn't.  I just don't know why it won't go away.  Could stress be a factor?  
Think stress makes everything worse. I had chronic heartburn for almost 3 months and no medication helped but thankfully it just wore off gradually. Had a barium swallow just before Christmas and got the results on Monday and thankfully no restriction on swallow and no hiatus hernia. I'm on a variety of medication plus I also tend to get very anxious. It tends to beome a vicious circle. Have you been to see your GP to get the heartburn checked out? as it's been going on for such a long time it might be wise to get it checked out.