Gastroenterology Community
Heavy bleeding In Stool

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Heavy bleeding In Stool

I have heavy bleeding when I have a bowel movement. There is no pain. Also I have noticed some blood clots present in the toilet after using the restroom. I also have had blood show up in underware in various amounts without having used the restroom. It doesent sound like "roids" to me. What do you think?
Avatar n tn
Also I am 25, fairly healthy. The blood is bright red with no roids visible.

As per my response to the posting below, rectal bleeding is not normal and should be checked out.  At the age of 25 you are unlikely to have the more sinister diseases that can display themselves via rectal bleeding.

As a way of providing the maximum reassurance, if your specialist's diagnosis is vague or presumptive (i.e. well it looks as if could be..........) then I suggest asking for a colonoscopy.

For possible causes of rectal bleeding, type in rectal bleeding to google/yahoo etc.

Good luck
Morecambe
i have being having the exact same thing!! let me know if u have any ideas of what it is?! i am on my way to the docs next week! and i will do the same! I am 25 yrs old female