Heavy rectal bleeding
hello,

I am a 40 year old female. I have no major health issues. I do have cysts in my ovaries and have seen a doctor for that problem. I have been having pain on my left side, near my left ovary and around my back for about a month now, I had ignored the pain because, I assumed it was my ovarie. About 5 days ago, I started cramping very bad and was a bit constipated. I took a couple of laxatives to avoid straining myself and they did not work on me. I took a couple more on the following day and the pills finally worked. Without any strain, I started bleeding very heavily every time I passed bowels. The blood is very dark and heavy with blood clots and this has been going on for 3 days now. I do plan to go visit a doctor but could you please tell me if this is normal or not.... I have researched information for this and have all the symptoms for colon cancer..except for weight loss. I have had rectal bleeding before but never like this.
I do not think this is noramal especially since the blood is dark and there are clots present.  Never ignore pain, we need to listen to the whispers of our body, please see a dr. asap
I endorse the above comments that you should seek medical advice.  Rectal bleeding is never normal.  For possible causes google rectal bleeding and click onto the Medicinenet site.

If the diagnosis is at all uncertain then you may merit a colonoscopy.

regards
Morecambe
Can you post what your diagnosis was, going through the same, bleeding a lot