Heller Myotomy
Dear Dr

My wife has achalasia and she had the Heller Myotomy operation done about three years ago. She is currently ill, we think it is a flue or some bug, although she feels very nauseous she can't throw up. I was wondering whether this could be due to the operation. My other concern is that if she fell pregnant and have morning sickness would she be okay?

Thank you very much in advance.
Philip

If you would like to talk with a doctor, you need to post your message on the 'Ask a Doctor' forum.
I had a Heller Myotomy eight years ago and am now in my first trimester. I have extreme nausea, which I feel could be relieved if I could only vomit. I, however, have not been able to vomit since my surgery. I have had the 24 hour flu and since the ability to vomit is no longer there it just takes longer (more like 48+ hours) to get better. I am wondering, how your wife coped with the nausea. I have tried everything from ginger tea to eating before getting out of bed...but the nausea never subsides. Thanks.
hey i had a hellers myotomy last august, and i cant be sick properly, but i can bring up bile after heaving for ages, is that noramal ?
also now the achalasia is back i am regergitating again, but stil can only bring bile up.
any advice ?