Help!! Gastroparesis , reflux and regertation
My 11yr old son was diagnosed with Gastroparesis about 4 Months ago.  Since the diagnosis he has been taking Motillium.  Apart from the occasional nausea and  vomiting my son has been suffering from reflux.  He doesn't have the usual burning that is normally associated with acid reflux, he only experiences the very embarrassing and frustrating symptom of regertation into his mouth, this can happen over 50 times a day and in the most inappropriate moments.  It catches him by surprise as he gets very little warning and sometimes there is too much for him to contain in his mouth.  He recently had a 24hr ph study done and the doctor said that the results were within normal peramitors despite the fact that he had reflux come into his mouth approx 40 times during the 24hr period.  He has also had a oesophagus manometry test done and that came back as normal.  My question is should I get a 2nd opinion and does anyone have an idea what this could be if it's not GERD.  My son can't keep going on like this, he is teased at school and is becoming extremely depressed.
Hi there!

Regurgitation may not necessarily be a reflux and causes such as increased secretion, diverticuli, motility issues, infections/ inflammations etc. I would suggest seeking a review with his treating gastroenterologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Thanks DrKarl for your reply. I agree with you and will go back to his gastroenterologist to try obtain a diagnosis and a plan to manage his symptoms.  Something must be wrong as surely regertation this frequently is not normal.