Gastroenterology Community
Help Please! 7 year old daughter in pain for 2 weeks

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hi there, I am looking for any advice or information that may possibly help. My 7 year old daughter has been complaining for over 2 weeks of her stomach hurting her. She said the pain feels like someone it squeezing her and it is a little bit above her belly button and she also feels dull pains on the sides of her abdomen but she said those are not as painful as the pain above. She has been going to the bathroom normal, no fever, no other signs of anything but the pain. She said the pain is always there and intensifies after she eats so now she is afraid to eat at all. I have taken her to the ER 3 times this week and was given a different answer every time which is very frustrating. The first time they told me to give her pepcid and that was it no blood tests were taken just a urine and the second time they said she had recurrent abdominal pain, they took a urine sample again, did a blood test for celiac which would not come back for a few days and they gave her some Mylanta which did nothing to ease the pain and they sent us home. Well last night I had it and took her again as now she is not eating, they took yet ANOTHER urine, did an x-ray only and said it could be secondary to reflux and sent us on our way and told us if it worsens call her doctor! I did mention to them this happened to her 3 months ago she was in pain for a month and no one checked her because at the same time she was experiencing back pain and turned out she had a kidney cyst but the specialist said that should not cause the stomach pain and that was another issue in itself. So at the moment she is still in pain, antacids are not helping, she has no symptoms of reflux (no burning, no vomit coming up etc.) can they diagnose her with this off an xray?? Shouldn’t they have run a few other tests to be sure? I hate to pump my child full of pepcid if she does not need it. Please any insight on this that anyone could provide for me would be appreciated, I feel as if we are being shoved off without being properly checked and I am at my wits end not being able to help her when she is crying that her belly hurts all day long is taking a toll on me and I feel horrible that I cannot help her.