Gastroenterology Community
Help with Air Pockets In Stomach

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Help with Air Pockets In Stomach

I woke one night 6 months ago with a terrible pain in my chest.  I was pacing and crying off and on all night.  The next morning I saw my regular MD who xrayed my stomach and chest and said I had an air pocket at the top of my stomach and it  was not good.  He sent me to the hospital for them to pump my stomach (tube going and coming hurt sooo bad!).  I went home a lot better.  I have continued from time to time to have this same problem.  I sometimes throw up with it too. Usually I belch several times the next day and I am ok.  Does anyone know what can cause this?
i had the same thing for a long time, i bet you sometimes throw up your food as it gets tight, its your colon twisting  up & blocking the flow therefore it gets tight & causes the problems. the only way for fixing it is to have a hemicolectomy operation, it involves a peice of colon being removed, i had it done three years ago & am glad i did it as it can become fatal, the pain is shocking i know but the surgey fixes it so seek help as its well worth it. Lyndon Bushnell Australia
If u ever took ecstasy in the past that may be the reason recently my friend and i have noticed a wierd buble in our stomach that fiills with air belching makes it feel better but something is wrong io know for sure it seems as if it gets worse