Help?
For the past 6 or 7 years I have had random digestive upsets about once every two months. I have been assuming that I just have a sensitive stomach, but my symptoms have progressively gotten worse.

At random times, I have these awful episodes of cramping and diarrhea. My intestines feel like they could explode and the cramping and pain is so bad that I usually get clammy then faint/ vomit. These episodes come on quickly so I am in constant fear that it might happen in a public place and I won' t know what to do.

They are not triggered by any obvious food allergy like milk/gluten/nuts so I have no idea what might be the cause.

Should I see a doctor or just assume that I have odd digestive habits and live with it?
Carly, what kind of testing have you had done to date? What have you tried, or what meds have been used so far? Do you have other symptoms like rashes or anything else? Any GI issues run in your family?
I haven't had any testing done for this issue. The cramping comes on so fast that I don't really have time to take any meds... I have tried gas-x when I'm in the middle of an episode but I couldn't tell a difference. No rashes or anything. The only family history is that my mom had to have her gall bladder removed and my dad has occasional digestive upsets...but nothing to the extent of mine.