Gastroenterology Community
Help!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Help!

So yesterday I at cereal, drank some coffee, for lunch I ate a sandwich with ham mayonnaise pickles and tomatoes, I ate a peanut butter cookie with vanilla ice cream, I had some chocolate chips, my mom got me a chocolate coffee drink, and I got very bloated and very full and that lasted for about five hours. and I ate some toast before bed.

I was awake all night worrying someone was in our house since a couple days ago someone went through my moms car. So I've been stressing out a lot.

I'm 15, my period just ended, I have severe anxiety and am continuously stressing in general.

This morning I woke up and I went poop, and it was quite big, but it was a dark reddish brown. I finished and went upstairs to do some laundry, and I went to go poop again, but all that came out was some lightish red blood.

I'm really freaking out and I need help. Could it be hemorrhoids or what? The past few months I've had problems with constipation, diarrhea and stress. Can someone just help me please?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
You have been taking heavy meals without any significant exercises.Stress, chronic dehydration, lack of exercise, and low amounts of dietary fiber can all lead to the development of constipation. Drink enough water every day and avoid caffeine that can help prevent dehydration. Frank blood in the stool is never normal, and could be a result of several conditions that range from mild, such as hemorrhoids, to serious, such as infection or colon cancer. Brown red stools could be an indication of bleeding in the lower digestive tract. You need to be evaluated by a physician as soon as possible. Have a high fiber diet, drink lots of water till the time you see a gastroenterologist. Do keep us posted after seeing the gastroenterologist.
Take care and regards!
Thank you! My stool isn't reddish anymore and I haven't bled since that day, so hopefully it stays this way. My mom is in the medical field too, and she said the two possibilities are IBS or hemorrhoids. IBS runs through my family, so it could be a possibility I could have it too right? And I've been drinking a whole lot of water lately and I've been trying to get up and do stuff so everything keeps moving the way it's supposed to. I do keep getting period like cramps, but my period ended a week ago. So that's kind of weird. I had cramps a week after my period last month too, I hope it's normal. I do try to eat healthy every day, I eat plenty of whole grains and fruits. I need to eat more vegetables. I will keep you updated and hopefully I'll get myself to the doctor by the end of this month!