Gastroenterology Community
Hemmroids?

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hemmroids?

Most of my work is sitting in front of the desk and recently, everytime after i go to the bathroom, i see blood streaks on the feces... i assume its hemmroids.. because sometimes i would see blood drip into the water..   This has happened for the past 2-3 days already.. but just started to drink more water.. is there any way i can solve this besides going into the doctor? What should i do? Thanks
Hemmorrhoids can cause bleeding but it should not be a flow of blood.  Wiping and having some on the toilet tissue is one thing but if you are actually bleeding, I would see a doctor.  My sister had that sort of bleeding and (not to scare you) it turned out to be Stage IV rectal cancer.  You should never ignore signs of bright red blood coming from your body.  I have hemmorrhoids and I see streaks of blood on the tissue but have never had actual blood in the toilet. Good luck....hope this helps.
thank you for the response.  the thing is that it doesnt bleed continuously.. after wiping it, it is gone..  
I use preparation H and it seems to help with mine.  I had hemmorrhoid surgery years ago and it helped for a while but they came back.  The main thing to do is get a lot of fiber in your diet.  I drink V-8 and also have started on Danactive and it has helped tremendously.