Gastroenterology Community
Hemorrhoid maybe?

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hemorrhoid maybe?

Well, I am not sure where to start so here it is. I have had a colonostispy15 months ago. and three pilips removed.
I also have had two hemorrhoids. I use Prep H suppositories. But still have slight pain when going poop. and its some what uncomfortable to wipe. and if i go twice in one day its even more uncomfortable.
when i wash it feels al normal however it feels inflamed when i set.Its like a cramp all the time. My question is, what can i get over the counter stronger than Prep H
A month ago I did my annual test for blood in stool, two of the three samples were positive. so the GP wants to re take in a few weeks.
Avatar dr f tn
Hi, what was the histology report for the polyps? Polyps per say could cause the symptoms described by you. But its best that you dont abuse laxatives. They could only worsen your bowel symptoms. The incomplete feeling you have could be due to the polyps. Try to shift to natural ways to combat constipation and check with your doctor regarding recurrence of polyps. Regards.