Gastroenterology Community
Hernia in stomach wall

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Hernia in stomach wall

I have developed a large protrustion in the right side of mystomach dueto severe sciolosis. I saw a surgeon yesterday and he said it is a hernia and ordered a CT. I am to have a repeat colonoscopy after having one in 2006 and  August 2008 due to familyhistory ofcolon cancer.The doctor wants to see the results of that new exam along withthe CT. Ihad a CT in2007 with no mention of hernia. Doctor said Ihave to lay right to get a better CT. I told him to be there to instruct how Ishould lay.  I have post polio syndrome and use a cane and electric scooter. I am concerned about having surgerywhich will make it more difficult to walk if even I am able after surgery. I drive a car, shop and am independent for the most part. I am scared about being laid up and developing more muscle weakness in lower extremeties. I am only able to walk bycompensating for lack of mobility in mylegs.  I will turn 70 in August 2010.