Hiatal Hernia. Stomach pain. Liver area pain. Fatty Liver.
Hello, i've been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia, a fatty liver and I have been getting alot of pain in my stomach, neck, back and liver area. Is the pain in the liver area common with a Hiatal Hernia or fatty liver? It is very alarming to me and difficult to deal with. Recent bloodwork says everything was ok. Doc says it's all muscular as it is spasms as well. Thing that has me concerned is this morning I had gotten some loose floating stools that smelled foul and have had diarhea on and off. It is worrying me due to the liver area pain and stomach pain on top of it but I have also just recently gotten the flu. Could this in actually be the flu causing this one? Thank you in advance for any info, tips or advice. It means alot.
Hi there!

Though not particularly common, pain in the liver area could occur due to hernia/ fatty liver complications; while the more likely possibilities that may need to be considered include GI infections, inflammations, causes related to the gall-bladder, chest wall inflammation, neuro-muscular causes etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you so very much! This is helpful Dr Kaul thank you very much. Had bloodwork recently and everything came back great including liver, gallbladder. Getting alot of spasms as well. Hmmm, I don't eat many foods other than carbs and have had a vitamin D deficiency. Do you think it could be related to malnourishment of some sort? Thank you so much. It means alot that you replied.