Hiatal hernia with massive chest plain
I had a Nissan Fundoplication in '04 to repair a medium hiatal hernia that turned out to be a large hernia. I've been having massive epigastric chest pain, over the past 1 and 1/2 years.  GI doc thought that my stomach was flipping causing the severe chest pain and expected tests to show a paraesophegeal hernia. I have has so many frightening episodes of this chest pain that I have lost count, but 6 this month already. They come more frequently now and I feel nausea, SOB, and feel faint. They last about 10 - 15 minutes and then just go away until the next time. It's very scary. Also a lot of belching, troubles swallowing food and fluids. I am also anemic.

A recent endoscopy report indicated gastritis, a small hiatal hernia, a paraesophageal hernia and an unidentifiable mass of fatty tissue. With another doc interpreting the results the report was amended to say findings were not consistant with a paraesophageal hernia. A week or two later a barium swallow showed a medium hiatal hernia and when I swallowed a tracking tablet, it settled down in a pocket (?) and didn't go into the stomach.

I am going to be consulting with a surgeon as soon as they schedule an appt for me, but would appreciate talking with someone who has had similar issues and repair surgeries for hiatal hernias of various types.

Thanks in advance for any comments.