Hida test
Has anyone had a horrible experiance with the Hida scan? I had mine this week and when they did the second part of the test the cramping went all the way through my chest and into my back and I started crying uncontrollably. I wasnt crying because of pain or anything just could stop, it was like it was happening on its own. It has been a day and my chest and back still ache. Also it made my period much worse but I am more concerned about the fact that my chest cramped up so bad I couldnt breath. I didnt ask when it was done (stupid i know) but the techs even seemed a little surprised of how I reacted, I just wanted to get out of there and go home at which time i slept for 3hrs.
Hi there!

This could have been a mild allergic reaction to the dye used in the test or secondary inflammation to mild trauma with referred pain to other regions. You could try taking some tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS and see if these seem to help with the pain/ discomfort. If you do not notice any improvement over the next few days of the symptoms get severe, it would be advised to see a primary care physician to rule out other possibilities/ complications and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!