Gastroenterology Community
High fecal fat with extreme back pain
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

High fecal fat with extreme back pain

i had a total pancreatectomy with islet cell transplant almost three years ago i take several enzymes a day but i still have severe stennorreha i just did a fecal fat test 48hr and the results were as follows total weight 1910g  total fat 24hr 124 ref range 2-7 i am extremely anemic with a iron count of 7 my CEA level was also elevated at 11.4 ng/mL (normal < 4.7 ng/mL) I am having extreme lower back pain did a UTI test neg also xray of ribs nothing broke I take 10mg of oxycodone 2x's daily to slow down my digestion and it helps but it is not even touching the pain neither is the flexiril or Valium that was prescribed is there anything else i could ask from my docs? they have me off work for over a week now and the pain is no better then it was the first day. Also i should mention i don't remember lifting,twisting or doing anything to injure my back, have a upper and lower endoscopy Monday confused please help with some questions to follow up with my docs....possibly a kidney stone? or would UTI be positive? thanks
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possible causes of back pain include postural issues, neuro-muscular causes such as muscle sprain, nerve impingement, injuries to muscles/ ligaments etc inflammations, fractures/ dislocations, referred pain from other regions, micronutrient deficiencies etc. Elevated CEA levels may require further evaluation. If the pain medications have not been helpful, you could ask your doctor for an increased dose if suitable or a change in medications. It would be best to discuss the situation and the management plan in detail with your treating doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949