High levels of Lipase
I went to the doctor the other night for chest pains and found out I had acid reflex..... When they ran the blood tests they found I had elevated Lipase ( H 299). For the past few months I have had stomach discomfort.... What could this mean?

This discussion is related to Elevated lipase level.
not a doctor...wild guess but that could mean some problem with pancrease..if you drink i'd quit right away, or if you've been taking large amouts of tylenol or aprine of some kind i'd take a break from that.  Something for sure to check into.  Might be having relflux of some kind from pancrease enzymes or gastric reflux...

a very bored matthew googled this...

Causes of hyperlipasemia (high lipase levels) may include:

•Pancreatitis - also known as inflammation of the pancreas, can cause amylase and lipase levels to be increased up to 3 times normal. Both values should be increased, in order to carry the diagnosis of pancreatitis.
•Lipase may be increased in tumors of the pancreas, or stomach certain stomach conditions. These conditions are usually painful.
•Gall bladder infection - Inflammation of the gall bladder (cholecystitis), may cause increased lipase levels (hyperlipasemia).
•Kidney failure can cause hyperlipasemia.
•Your doctor or healthcare provider will diagnose hyperlipasemia by drawing a tube of blood. If there is a suspicion of gall bladder, pancreas or kidney problems, an ultrasound of the gall bladder or pancreas, or a CAT scan of your abdomen, may also be performed.
•You may be at risk for pancreatitis if you are:
•Extremely overweight (obese)
•Have high triglyceride levels in your blood
•Drink too much alcohol
•Have been diagnosed with gall bladder stones (which may block the flow of secretions from the pancreas to the intestines)
•Or have a family history of pancreatitis.

So hopefully it's something really simple for you like alchohol or.. gallstones..follow up with a doctor and he'll probably send you to a GI specialist if it doesn't go away.
Hi there, did you find out what is wrong?I have had an inflammed pancreas since Feb- and bad pains. So far my scans have been clear, my dad did die of pancreas cancer so that has been of concern