Hole in Stomach
My dad is in the hospital and has been there for 3 months trying to recover from a surery he had in August of this year. Long story short, we have been told that there is a hole where the stomach was stiched to the esophagus. Apparently the hole was from a suture that did not take.  My dad almost lost his life 2 times before becoming stable enough to even open his eyes.  He can't even drink water or have any moister in his mouth due to the drainage coming out of this hole.  The doctor has inserted drain tubes and the last attempt was to place stints in the esophagus to allow the natural draining from saliva to just bypass the hole.  Well that did not work.  The stomach's fluids that they natrually produce splash up and out the hole along side the stint.  Now the next solution presented to us is for them to place a Longer stint from the top of the esophagus to the small intestine in hopes to more seclude the hole from fluid coming out.  Our problem with this is that the bial from the small intestine is going to make our dad throw up every 3-6 minutes per the doctors information.  The other 2 options were to do major surgery, 1) cut the esophagus above the current hole & reattach the stomach ( 50% chance of not making it out of surgery per doctor. 2) use part of the colon as part of the esophagus(not an option as the blood supply for this would be poor for that use per doctor.  IS THERE any surgeon out there that has any idea how to heal this hole without the above options?  PLEASE  We don't want to loose our dad.  
There are no docs on this forum. If you post this question to the 'Ask a Doctor' gastro forum you will get an answer, but I'm afraid that the answer you'll receive will tell you that they can't diagnose with out seeing the patient. This is soemthing that you're probably going to have to get 2nd and 3rd opinions for based on the docs you can contact in your area. But you certainly can post to the Ask a Doctor since of the forum to try that option.