Gastroenterology Community
How did this even happen to me?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

How did this even happen to me?

Hi, I have Gastroparisis, and i'm only 17. It really isnt fair and i feel as though i'm being cheeted out of my life...I love to eat but i can't eat as much as i would like to, or eat what i would like to because of it. I'm not even sure why i have this in the first place...i  don't eat unhealthy stuff, i just would like to be a teenager a little bit longer and enjoy life. i don't drink i dont smoke, none of those things, and i dont have diabeties. To me this disease is quite random. I suffer from diarriea, major stomach pains, frequent burping, undigestied food comes up my throte randomly, and the worst part...bad breath. Some of my peers are under the impression that i dont brush my teeth because of that.(Fun to deal with in highschool) A regular stomach takes 60-120 min to digest compleatly...It takes me 4 hours to digest half of what's in my stomach. I guess i never pictured myself carrying a lunchbox full of food around all day as a senior in highschool, and eating during class....never had so many stairs.....i guess i just dont understand why this is happening or where this is coming from......no one in my family had ever herd of this till I was told I had it. It took forever to find out what was wrong with me i've had every test on a stomach you can imagine. Ultrasound, barrium swallowX2, emptying tests, and a scope down my throte.... it's been a long road but i feel a longer one ahead of me, mabye someone has some guidence or ideas? i've only for one solution that helps with my disease...onyons and milk. Sounds wierd....but it works.  
Thanks,
K
Sorry to hear you have gastroparesis.  My 14 year old son was just diagnosed with it in November.  He also doesn't have diabetes.  He has not gone to school since last February due to nausea.  Even with the medication for the stomach motility, he is still nauseas daily.  His is caused from autonomic dysfunction.  His autonomic nerves, which run digestion, don't work correctly.   He has many other symptoms from this, but his main complaint is nausea.

Do you take any medication for this?
No i am not allowed to take it... both medications the doctors have recomended have been recalled... on makes all of the symptoms worst and the other causes twitching that will not go away...thank god i didn't take it. I'm started my new diet today though, six meals a day everyday. i hope the best for your son.
My son takes erythocin 2 times per day.   I agree, don't take reglan regularly, that does causes twitches, but the erythocin(or erythomycin) can help.  My sons G.I. doctor put him on this.  Look into this, it may help.
I'll definatly look into it thank you so much