Gastroenterology Community
How long should I wait to go to the doctor for diarrhea?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How long should I wait to go to the doctor for diarrhea?

I started having very water diarrhea yesterday, accompanied with mild burping, and occasional stomach cramps.  How long should I wait to see if this will correct itself before I go to the doctor?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I read on the Internet a week, but I think you could go longer say, two weeks. Your body is obviously trying to get rid of something -- maybe food poisoning.

Stay hydrated!
Blank
have you noticed any relief with different foods? if you do have a viral or bacterial infection in your stomach than softer foods will be easier to pass such as oatmeal and mashed potatoes. and for the stomach cramps id say it was painful gas maybe try gas-ex or something to that extent...you could also try a jug of clear lemon lime gatorade a day this will bring up your electralites and help harden stool naturally, i wouldnt recomend immodium or stool hardener,i am no doctor but its just common sense to know that yourbody like to do its own thing...if none of this works after 2-4 days or gets any worse go to the doc. or the ER sorry if i didnt help much
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank