Gastroenterology Community
How often can i use Miralax?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

How often can i use Miralax?

I take 7 different medications and have constipation. My doctor recommended Miralax for 2 weeks. It worked great. But after the 2 weeks the constipation came back. I was wondering is it safe to take Miralax everyday to stay regular?
Yes, it's very safe and non-habit forming.  It is only a stool softener, so it can be used indefinitely.
My son's doctor has him take a dose daily and he is only 14. So it can be taken daily.
I take it everyday (Well most anyways) and I'm 13 it's very safe.
Avatar n tn
I wouldn't take it at all if I were you - it has a bad rep for addictiveness/side-effects.  See this link for more info:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Miralax
How do you know it is safe long tern ? This is polyethylene glycol that your kidneys might not like long term.