Gastroenterology Community
How often should I have my stomach scoped to evaluate my Barrett's ...

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

How often should I have my stomach scoped to evaluate my Barrett's esophagus?

I was diagnosed with Barrett's esophagus in 2007.  My gastro doc said that I need to have an EGD every 3 years to check for cancer.  Is that enough?  Has anyone had treatment for theirs?  He just said that watchful waiting and continue to take nexium and carafate for the acid reflux was all that we could do.  I am not very satisfied with that answer.  Any input would be appreciated!  Thanks - Kayleen
diagnosed2008 im getting egd every 2 years last one was last may its at 4 cm now good thing it was clear
Is physical activity OK the days following  upper Endo and colonoscopies? Appreciate the input. thx.