Gastroenterology Community
How to get rid of excessive gas?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

How to get rid of excessive gas?

Hello...This is extremely embarrassing, but I am a 20 year old female and have gas daily that is very embarrassing in social situations.  I try to hold them in, and usually are unable to, as there is so much gas that comes upon me every 5 minutes.  The gas is usually silent, but of course, and to my dismay, smell.  I have tried Beano, charco-caps, and ginger pills to try to stop the gas, to no avail.  I am wondering if it is my diet or the fact that I get pretty nervous in social situations.  I don't eat as many fruits and veggies as I should, but I usually have some sort of meat during the day, as well as cereal for breakfast.  I have cut out beans for the most part from my diet, as I know those aren't good for this problem, for obvious reasons.  But, I am wondering if it is meat, dairy, or grain, as those are things that I eat almost every meal.  My stomach is in constant discomfort, and it did not use to be this bad.  I first noticed it about 2 years ago.  I am going to the doctor soon for this , as I am at my wit's end.  Also, I don't really exercise, but am normal weight.  Last year at college I would walk all over campus, which is more than what I'm doing now, but I still had the problem.  It is extremely embarrassing, and frequent bathroom stops do not help, as gas barely comes out then.  I will go to the rest room, come out, and 5 minutes later have gassy discomfort come upon me.  I cannot constantly be using the rest room as I have college and work to deal with.  I have no clue how to get rid of this..