Husband with upper abdominal pain 15 minutes after eating anything
What are the possibilities of underlying causes for husband who is fine without eating, but within 15 minutes of eating anything has upward pressure from below breastbone, and pain below ribcage. Better with pressure and heat. Has to go to bed to go to sleep with pressure and heat to get any relief.

This discussion is related to Upper Stomach Pain after eating.
I'm a nutritionist....not a nurse.  However, I hope that he has seen a doctor.  If he has, and they can't find out what is wrong, he needs to find a holistic dr that does a test called a Heidelberg Gastrogram (google this).  It is completely accurate and a VERY easy test to take.  Good Luck!
I have had the same problem. It is my gall bladder. I take Donnatella 30 minutes before I eat, and I can eat small amounts. No fried food, no chocolate, butter, etc.

Your husband needs to see his G.I. Doc and have a HidaScan done.

Good Luck!

Sheila
A few questions: First, is the pain directly below his breastbone? About how many "fingers"? Next, when you mention "pain" is it a burning sensation, sharp and stabbing, itching, a combination, bloating...? And when you mention pain "below" the rib cage, is it localized to any side, and is it "below" as in "south of" or as in "hiding behind"?

Depending on the pain and location, that will help determine what the cause might be. To be safe, I would recommend trying something called "DGL" before meals. After meals, he should take an antacid like Tums, Gaviscon, or Maalox. That may help some, and should cover some basic possibilities. Make sure he notes how he feels now (very descriptively) and after he starts with the antacids. Make an appointment to go see a doc, preferably a gastroenterologist, and present this info. It might be as simple as heartburn or more complex.