Gastroenterology Community
Hypoglycemia? Poor protein digestion? Are these related?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hypoglycemia? Poor protein digestion? Are these related?

For two days in a row, I have gotten the shakes before lunch.  This doesn't happen every day generally.  

Both days, I had dry cereal for breakfast and nothing in between breakfast and lunch.  This is contrary to the way I've eaten for most of my life.  I generally have five or six smaller meals a day, but budget crunches have forced me to cut down on the number of snacks I can purchase or purchase the ingredients for.  

I have also begun to notice that my gums sort of dry out after eating certain foods like oats and drinking tea.  My mother has similar problems and has been diagnosed with stress-related food allergies.  She's allergic to everything now:  wheat, oats, tea, strawberries, soy, milk... the list goes on.

In considering these new adventures in "What I can't eat," I have also taken into account the fact that I can't eat certain proteins without my stomach protesting.  I don't get sick, but my stomach gurgles and I get minor cramps after eating too many almonds or a protein bar.  This doesn't happen when I eat meats.  I did some reading on this and have stumbled across a couple of articles that link improper protein digestion with osteoporosis and other problems.  This is of particular concern to me since my grandmother has EXTREMELY advanced osteoporosis and my mother has begun to hunch over and shrink.  

So comes the question.  Have any of you experienced these problems, and if so, could they be linked?