Gastroenterology Community
I need your help ....

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I need your help ....

HI evrybody this sonund crazy but not for me i am 27  years old and desperat with out  evry  thing
i dont have a proper life . because  i am too stincky to be with people, all alone and be allone in the future
unllese i get some thing usefull to elliminate the semell or dcrease the gas i have.

Dea ANGLE  who read this i dont know  what to say if you were with me when i write this you will not finish
to sit with me . in ethiopia i could not get aproper medication or digonisis  and i serch the internate about flatulence
i found devrom for the odure and beano to reduce the gas but i couldnot find both  in farmcy . even i cant able to buy on ebay because of in our country it dosnot work......in all of the resons i have, i could not find my hope  and lost it unlse some body out there help me. please  i beg SOME ANGLE to send me beno or bean-zyme( which is cheap)   only 1 botel to try it . AND TO KNOW THERE IS HOP UOT  THERE.

if you  know  what i am in  you know why i hate my  birth day
I am going to cover everything I can think of to help you.  So please forgive me if some of what I say is basic.  I don't know enough about you to do otherwise.

First of all, you need to visit a doctor or a clinic or a hospital.  This may be a medical problem that can be treated.  Secondly, you might have a physical disorder that causes you to smell bad, and in the U.S. this has been publicized, and it has been talked about here, so if you will do a "Search" for it at this website, you should find other similar posts... the search rectangle is in the upper right corner of this page, type in key words like "smell, odor."  

Thirdly, you do not say how long you have had smelly gas.  If this is a recent event, then could be your digestion is goofed up.  I can suggest a couple "natural" things to help.  Smelly gas comes from waste that is "rotting."  Digestive waste rots when it sits in the bowel too long.  So, you need to do a few things to keep your digestion regular.  Drink plenty of water every day, eat plenty of whole grains and vegies, and exercise daily.  For example, you should eat 100 percent whole wheat bread every day.

Fourthly, if your smell does not come from gas, but you just smell all the time, I have to assume you keep up good hygiene, which includes keeping your clothes and body clean, perhaps using underarm deodorant, and brushing your teeth every day.  For example, sometimes people will wear the same shoes for years, and shoes can give off a dreadful odor.  There are foods and herbs that can neutralize odors in a person.  Google a few "natural food store" or "herbal medicine" websites for info.  For example, mint or peppermint leaves will mask some odors.  It is also possible you need to see a dentist, sometimes the mouth can smell bad.

I hope some of this helps you.  It is a terrible thing to have a health problem.  I don't know if you get the "Oprah" TV show where you live, but they did a whole program on people who had strange smells, their whole lives.  Also, there are plenty of people in the U.S. and other countries who from disease or accidents lose the function of their bowels completely, and they have to wear a little bag for their wastes, and have to empty it regularly, and they worry about their odor all the time.  So, you are not alone.
hi ggreg it is nice to finde who care thank you very much .

THIRST actually i post some information on medhelp.org . since i have this bad smel it has been around  8 years . i visit three hospistal , two clinic and  two health station . they could not find  any helath problem . the thing is i am very healthy and able to eat any thing .

the last gastro intestine specilaist i visit  . ..i wait 3 month to see him   said you have no hop  one surgical doctor send me to sicatric hospital  to find it is my imagination i have the copy . i vist  the hospital  and no chainge  .

SECOND  it start after i have ....a swell on my sphencter on the left side of my anus after aweek it burst and it had a  yellow fluid with  blood . after the burst it dry and cured  and i become well except that i have the  consequence   to have the fltulence the surgical doctor i have visited said that  my sphencter  is ok .

THIRD  it has been more than 8 years since it all start . some time I tride  pasta , bread and rice. i didnt use  one  of them  more than 2 days  and  all  of them more than  a week
i tride  camomelly herb but i could not find other herbs i found on the internet  because they are diffrent languge  we use Amharic languge but i belive they are available.
yes you are right about digestion  . it was like this after i had removed my feces completly i can get a relif  about 1 and 2 hours after i see this evry morning i drink magnisium sulfate  (saline)  it removed  all i ate  and i will not eat for halve day acording my program and i go where i want .

FOURTH  absolutly not hygenical ,tooth , body or shoe smeel ofcourse  i dont have sufficint thigs like the westerns but i hve evry thing i need  compared to hte ethiopian standard  i keep my stuff cleen .and  it is absolutly come fom flatulence.

I KONW ophra  but i couldnot have  the chance to see her show  you know she was there  a feew years a go  in addis ababa, ethiopia  to help a fistula hospital there she saw  womens who are  maried under age  and  and they have fistula because sex, rape  or birth   they cant control ther feces  and pee most of them are fom the coutry side they left allone in one house or  drived  off  from their village it is terouble to see them live in asemetry . after all ophra help  the hospital to raise fund on her show.... thankk you very much  for you concern
Do you thing gas problems acn be caused by change of food and climate. I have this smelly gases. I came US on Feb. from Africa and developed this gas problem. This is first time having such a problem. Its really horrible... i cant take a bus, meet new frns.

i hope it wont take long to get a solution for this problem.
Dear Minte,
Thank you for giving more details about your background.  Here is a website that talks about your problem, including smells that come out of the digestive tract, even in a person with a normal anal area.

www.aboutincontinence.org

You said your doc found that, even though you had a swelling area that was infected and burst a few years ago, he thought your anus was still working fine.  At the above website, under the tab "About Incontinence," several pages explain that, even if your anus is working right, you can still have the smell.  It lists many reasons why this can happen and then discusses treatment, which includes surgery and also natural ideas.  By studying that website, you might be able to figure out what fits your situation best, and you can go from there.  I hope this helps.
GG
.......

Dear CN,
Plenty of people get gas when they move to another continent.  Change in food is the main reason, takes a while for the body to adjust.  

In the meantime, you can try eating some "Activia Yogurt" from the grocery store, just follow the instructions on the package, it should help normalize your digestive system.  Gas usually comes when the digestive tract gets stopped up and the food sits in there and rots, giving off gas.  Some of the kinds of food that will cause this are meats and fatty foods, so avoid eating out and fast-food places for a while.  In addition, be sure to drink plenty of water, as there is a lot of salt in American food, which too much can dry out and clog up a person unless they stay well-hydrated.  

Finally, there is a lot of stress in changing where you live, so stay relaxed, get some daily exercise, which easy walks outside is a good idea.  There is also a chance you have contracted some sort of intestinal bacteria, which can give off gas, so a visit to the county clinic where you live now, they might can do a stool test and draw blood, to see if you have a tummy flu of some kind, and they can offer treatment.
GG
..............................
Dear ggreg

Thank you very much for tip me the website you refer me.

Yes i have incontinence; it is not controlling my stool but controlling the gas. I tried to control it when it comes but it escapes with out my knowledge i know it escape when people around me tolled me that some thing smells. And if it doesn’t come nothing smell around me .that means the smell come with gas

The gas is sensible I know it came and even i can make sound from it , even it didn’t work for me but  I tried to make a fire from it  .
After all if I have not having much gas a day as a normal person i am ok with the controlling problem with my sphincter. My big problem is about 10 times an hour gas.
If this gas is gone it means like a miracle to me. I badly think it is only my solution and I also will see the web you write me and will found out what is there for me.

ggreg   I really need some  angle to help me to  send  me medicine that can  reduce the gas or eliminate the smell .even I know it is not for  permanent  just to tri and know some thing is out there that can help me and wait  the time I can  get it by my self. I know some one  out there on the web asking people  to buy him  a drug  and send it to him sound silly and very crazy but what shall I do I have know means to get it .

Even  the person  who  can send me could done some thing on it   to  control me  not to resell it .
I know it is cheap, but it has price that price could save me loosing hope .i wait all this years to find some thing and I believe I found some thing with god.
. Thank you.
Hi Minte,
You can have gas "incontinence," which is covered at that website I gave you.  Here are some "natural" remedies that should help a lot with your gas odor.  You should be able to find most of these things in your country at very little cost.  These will work better than any medication or bottled remedies you could buy.

Drink a sip of apple cider vinegar before meals
Put parsley sprigs and mint leaves on your food
Eat yogurt, preferably with "live cultures"
Eat burned, blackened toast, preferably 100 percent whole wheat
Make a sweet clover tea (sweet clover grows in Africa)

Also, drink plenty of water and stay physically active.  Hope that website helped out a little.  And I think if you do all the above-listed items daily, you should notice a difference within one week.  Keep us posted.
GG

in one of above posts, you mentioned:
QUOTE:
"...SECOND  it start after i have ....a swell on my sphencter on the left side of my anus after aweek it burst and it had a  yellow fluid with  blood "

This was abscess - a collection of pus, which occurs either in chronoc infection or in inflammation of large bowel.

You need:
1. Stool culture test - to find microbes
and possibly
2. Colonoscopy which can show, what actually is with your colon.

If infection wil be found, you'll need antibiotics, and if inflammation will be found, you'll need anti-inflammatory drugs. Remedies will not be enough in either case.
I'm not saying you have infection or inflammation, but, that abscess (even if it is already healed now) speaks strongly for this.

Gas comes from bacteria.
Hey Boron,
Would his abscess from eight years ago still be creating a bacteria problem?  Maybe I misunderstood Minte.  I told him right up front he needed to visit a doc, to see if he had a medical problem, and he came back with the eight years thing and that he had seen a gastroenterologist.  I don't want to be giving out bad info, if an infection can go on for years.  Also, do probiotics help infections, or are there a raft of bacteria that can only be treated with antibiotics?  Thanks.
GG
I believe that an abscess occurs only in some serious intestinal disease, like in inflammatory bowel disease - IBD (Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis), or in heavy infection. If abscess has gone, this doesn't mean that inflammation in the colon has gone. Abscess is only a complication of an inflammation and it usually resolves by itself, if you treat it or not. So, my suspiction is, that there may be either IBD, or recurrent infection which is often in diverticulosis.

By the time, minte was at GI, there was no abscess. I also assume, colonoscopy was not done; colonic inflammation can not be determined "from the outside".

Bacteria from probiotics don't kill pathogenic bacteria, but they compete with them for nutrients and binding places in intestinal wall. According to some online resources, probiotics were proved to be helpful ONLY in:
1. some bacterial infections due to food poisoning,
2. antibiotic associated diarrhea (e.g. due to C-diff or Candida albicans overgrowth).

From what I've read, probiotics don't help in IBS and in Crohn's disease.

Probiotics are of help only, if they
- contain LIVE cultures of Lactobacillus GG (not sure about L. acidophilus), Bifidobacterium bifidum, or Saccharomices boullardii in SUFFICIENT amount.

I don't want to advertise here, but most (not all) of commercial probiotics (usually yogurts) are not helpful, mostly because they either contain dead bacteria or live bacteria in amount not sufficient to survive travel through the acidic stomach.

It was proved that probiotics have strong PLACEBO effect, meaning that people only think that probiotics helped them. In one trial they gave them an usual meal, looking like probiotic, and...it helped them also (it shortened the diarrhea)...

Probiotics are ment to supplement missing normal bacteria. They are like, let's say, iron, which helps only in iron deficiency and not if you have enough of iron.

http://cam.utmb.edu/resources/aim-essays/Probiotics.doc
FOUL SMELLING gas is produced in:

- overgrowth of pathogenic bacteria, like Clostridium difficile, there is a typical BARNYARD SMELL
- malabsorption; nutrients which are not absorbed in the small intestine, comes in the colon, where bacteria digest them and produce foul smelling gas
- high protein diet (meat, cheese, eggs, beans...)...when bacteria break down proteins, AMMONIUM is produced
- some spices

PASSING gas may be due to sphincter incompetence. Despite doctor said, sphincter is OK, I still doubt in this. Passing gas 10 times in an hour is either due to LOT of gas or sphincter incompetence.

What to do:

1. Have a LOW-PROTEIN diet trial. Exclude as much proteins as you can from the diet for at least 3-4 days, and see if gas will improve or at least the smell will go away.

2. Have a LOW-FAT diet trial. Exclude all fats: meat, all dairy products, egg yolk, olives, oil, and nuts for 3-4 days.

2. Have LOW-FIBER diet trial. No fruits, vegetables, bread and other cereals at all for 3-4 days.  

Have one diet trial at the time. This may help in diagnosis.
hi

thanks giving me this woundefull  ideas i think i should try the diet boron sugest me first
and we will see by starting with rice which i found on the web  grreg  refer me. it is   the only starch   that  donot cause gas. and drink plenty of water i think it is good to start with.
thank you
And of course I've forgot a LOW-CARB diet trial. Any sugar, sweets, milk (lactse), alcohol, fruits, starch (potatoes, pasta) should be excluded for 3-4 days.

Boron,
Thank you so much, Boron, for taking the time to give me more info.  It will help me a lot when I go about giving people natural ideas for their bowel problems.

Minte,
Please also visit a doctor again and ask them to do a stool sample and draw some blood, to see if you have an infection that can be treated, even if they have done this before, just in case.
GG
hi
thank you very much . i just started  the diet last night i ate only rice and drink plenty of water .i will exclude what you saide  and we will see the result after 3 or 4 dayes  
and after  this  i will see a doctor again

boron what are  LOW - CARB  foods .

Low carb foods are those who contain only few or no carbohydrates.

No (or very low) carbohydrates: meat, fish, eggs.
Low carbohydrates: rice, soy.

But you will find this easier to understand if you just AVOID anything with simple SUGARS: table sugar, sweets, milk, fruits and fruit juices...and STARCH: potatoes, pasta, anything from wheat.

Intestinal bacteria (normal ones) or candida (yeast, mold) eat these simple sugars and produce gas. So, if after low-carb diet, your gas will reduce, it means you have bacteria (or candida) overgrowth in the intestine.

Candida diet (which is low-carb diet):
http://www.allhealthsite.com/40/intestinal-candida-overgrowth/#candida-diet
Even more detailed low-carb diet:
http://www.wholeapproach.com/diet/WholeApproach_Food_List.pdf

You do all these diet tests ONE AFTER ONE, so you reduce ONLY proteins for 3-4 days, then ONLY fats for next 3 days (meaning you can have proteins again)...and so on.

But can you answer this:

- Would you say you have any other symptom beside gas? Diarrhea, constipation, abdominal cramping, nausea...? Most of us occasionally have these symptoms, but is there something what you would describe as a "problem"?
- Would you say you have loose stools and what is the color of the stool - brown, black, pale, green, any mucus or blood, and does the stool FLOATS, or does it sticks to the toilet?

hi boron

thank you very much you and ggreg let me go one step i know some thing but knowing it is not a solution if you do not use it , i read  about  the ditet  bfor but i think I didn’t use it properly thank you for you guys as I mentioned I started it  .

i ate only rice cooked alone; I used only water and salt. I didn’t start with reducing the food that i expect to produce much gas but started with the food i expect to pro duce little gas. and add another one. like that

the result is very very good , i do not have much gas as usual  it  was very low at first  and  increased  little gradually now it  is  good but still have  the gas  .

from yesterday until now I don’t have stool i think it is the second day but there is nothing i do not feel to go to the toilet.  i thought it is because rice is very low in fiber.

now i plan to add tomato we will see what the result bring

boron

before every thing started i exprinced a dried lips and it craked but it generate and replace the alled one .I had still have but improved through time if it is help full

at the beginning when the problem starts I had constipation with mucus and my stool was brown but it improved. some times when I see my stool now it has brown on the beginning, the rest is normal.i dont see mucus on it usually now.
it also has a bubble on it when it is wait it is very clear, when I moved some part of it is not compact, it has a tiny holes part.  

I didn’t experienced loosing stool

our toilet does not have water it has only a hole and it goes to deep you cant see any thing unless it is full.
thank you very much  

hi boron

boron

I didn’t experienced loosing stool

thank you very much  

Congrats to your decision to start with foods you expect will not produce gas. Rice should contain fibers, but it depends how "polished" the rice is. Tomato may be a good decision to prevent constipation.

Bubbles in the stool. Is it possible you investigate this a little more? Bubbles may be from excessive FAT in the stool. FATTY STOOL would be WHITISH and GREASY and would STICK to the walls of a container - if you can try this. On the other hand, if you eat only rice, there should not be a lot of fat in the stool...
...SO, at this point it is important, if you can find out IS IT FAT OR NOT.  

If it IS fat, you have FAT MALABSORPTION, and
if it is NOT fat, than the bubbles come from gas from BACTERIA (normal or harmful ones).

hi boron

Thank you for staying with me.  Like i said before I didn’t have stool for 3 days after i  started the diet . at the third day i had little stool come and after few hours  a lot and it was normal tool  it wasn’t hard to pas , and it has little spot on it  like o shape on some part of it . i think it is where the gas produce and released .for the first 2  days i had very little gas that increased after I  ate tomato it increased much.

boron does it normal to a person to have a stool after 3  days ?  
And it was difficult to eat rice alone for me
i planed to add some palm oil on it . and to exclude tomato.

Thank you boron  
Hey,
you should write all this in the dairy. Only if you think you can remember all.
Tomato...out...logically.
Try with oil, this can be a good test to confirm/exclude fat malabsorptin (I hope not).
Rice...it was your decision. Since it does not produce gas, just continue, and add other foods by your intuition. You may add some bread, and put margarine or so on it for small meals and continue with rice at other meals. Passing stools every three days is still considered as normal. I recommend you do only one change a day, to see effects of each particular food.
hi boron

I really confused. I am really disparate the last two weeks after i started this post and the diet I thought i found a solution but every thing turns back on me .

When I started the diet with rice it was fine the first day and increased the gas gradually
i change some diet i could find but all the same very thing become gas producer . i   really don’t know what to do .  Writing what I am in doesn’t show what it feels like smelling like bad fish. I don’t know why all this happen to me. I didn’t do any thing bad why me even i was just 19 years old boy believe in god, love my family and friend, good at school.  There are plenty of bad people out there walking free

i am sorry it is because I don’t know  why this happened
Gas is from bacteria.
Have you ever had a colonoscopy?
never
Very interesting infomation about the smell from rectum. I had many years. worst by year by year. I consulted many doctors . They gave many medicines for go to toilet, then I took lot fibre drink. But I do not have complete remedy to solve the problem. How ever, I think that it is related to sleep. when I started to wake up early morning and went to work with empty stomach, the problem was strated slightly, then it was worsed year  by year. GP or Doctors do not care about it too much because it is not life threatening disease, but people put fingers their nose if I am around them ,even my relatives.
I live in London, UK. If anybody could hekp me, many thanks. How ever, I have high blood pressure and diabetes type 2 and take medicines
Still waiting for remedy, Helloooo, Is any body there?
I think you have incontinence for gas. If you are not bloated (no distended abdomen), then it doesn't sound normal, why you can't controll gas.

Now, the smell: I believe that animal food (meat, eggs) may cause it, or non-absorbed fat, or bacteria.

Which medicines? Antibiotics?
Thanks boron, well, I think that antibiotics will not work for killing all stomach bcteria. I think that another reason is non -absorbed fat. If smell due to non-absorbed fat, what can I do? I need to tell that I  use lot of cooking oil to make my dinner.
Pappu, which medicines are you currently taking?

Non-absorbed fat, well, first you have to have a stool fat test. If positive, than the cause has to be found. Even if you ingest a lot of fat/oil (which is hm, hm...), a healthy intestine should absorb it all. Reasons for fat malabsorption are: intestinal inflammation, gallbladder, liver or pancreatic disease. Investigations usually start with ultrasound of abdomen to check for gallstones, pancreatitis and enlarged liver.
Thanks boron for your reply, I take medicines to control high blood pressure(partialy, due to streesful life) and diabetes(sugar in blood). Now, I do not take sugar ,but my brain needs sugar if work actively. I am telling this with my experience.
Any way, I was checked with ultrasound of abdomen,blood tests, colonscorpy,test of stool by advise of particular specialists, but they found nothing. three months ago, they found increased ALT in blood, they checked liver also, they said that it is ok. I think that increased ALT n blood due to taking too much medicines.
Next week(!1st July  ), I am going to see Prof in stomach, liver, colon,bowels at St Mary's Hosptial, part of Imperial College, Unversity of London as out patient. Already, I knew that nothing wrong with liver when I was checked with ultrasound of liver last month by a staff of St Mary's Hospital.
Even, I have blood pressure, and diabetes type 2, I do not worry too much about them, but I need to live normal life without stink from rectum, but nobody knew answer for me. I do not know what to do? It will be as part of my life as stink from rectum even grew up person .
I am not alone, Oh yes
Can you determine the exact smell of the gas? Like: barnyard smell, rotten eggs, ammonium...

We all produce some gas, but most of us can controll it's passing. So, the question is why can't you controll your anal sphincter. The most often cause are probably internal hemorrhoids. Then obesity. Decreased sphincter tonus due to nerve damage. A small scar from healed anal abscess...

Would you say you are BLOATED (distended abdomen)?  
Thanks boron for your sensible reply.
Well,  I can't smell myself  my stink, but I can feel some irriation always at anus if sit chair front of computer or travel at public transport while others said  as strange stink  and opened widows of buliding or buses.
I have also doubt about nerve damage around rectum because intense of smell is increased if not slept properly or ny body so tired.
How ever, I am not bloated, some tmes, My tommy as pregrant woman, I think that because of do drink beer( I do not drink sprits such as whisky) before dinner . I am not heavy drinker. I am not obesity than slighty big tommy. right wight as 71 kg while height as 5 feet 11 inches.
I do not understand what means a small scar from healed anal abscess, please explain more.
Many thanks
About a small scar..I'm just listing possibilites. If you ever had a suppurative boil or other inflammation in the anal area, then this can leave a scar - just like after a larger skin wound. Such a scar could pull the muscle if anal sphincter toward one side and would cause incontinence for gas.

So you ARE bloated (as pregnant woman)? Beer contains maltose, which is broken down by bacteria which produce a lot of gas. Make a test. Don't drink beer for a week, and  you'll see if it helps. You obviously a lot of (normal) bacteria in the gut, and beer is a good food for them.
hi

it is realy to have you here . the wholl idea is that normally we digest foods that we  eat.  the undigested  feed to non harm full bacteria this bacteria ( some of them) produce gas from  it .

this undigested food reached the intestinal trak because our body canot digest some carbohydrate  such as alpha galactose.  according to some web site our body may canot produce some enzyme that are usefull for our digestion .

this digetive enzymes may be produced artificially and sold out as counter medicin    like beano ,digestive sdvantage ,sawnson digestive enzyme ther are alot out there.
what hinder me to geet them is there are no such medicin here in ethiopia  and i cnot buy them on the web because the government policy doesnot suport on line market .in fact this is like luxury to have such medicin more than 3 million people live with HIV.that is why ireally need some one sympaty to get it

Bean-zyme Anti-Gas Digestive Aid, 100 Tablets, Food Enzyme Dietary Supplement, ONLY $1.25 Shipping per Bottle, Buy 5 Bottles SHIPPING IS FREE!
$6.95

If your favorite healthy foods have become difficult to digest - and less fun to enjoy - you may need Beano®.

Beano is Unique
Beano is a natural food enzyme dietary supplement that can help prevent gas before it starts. It helps you to digest the complex carbohydrates in your favorite healthy foods. By taking Beano at the beginning of a meal, you can help prevent gas, bloating and other discomfort.

Beano comes in a convenient tablet or liquid, and it isn't just for beans. It also works on vegetables and whole grains. According to the food pyramid, these highly nutritious foods are an essential part of a healthy diet.
that is wht it said on their web page  www.beanogas.com

againso that is why i ask some one to help me to get this   iam still waiting
pleas it only cost very little beanenzyme only cost $ 6 it is very simple thing you may spend  it in cofee  shop . if you do this i will never forget you in my entire life  you will be my Angle.  
Thanks, some times, I did not drink for months, it did not make any different, but I accept tha one factor as rbeer is a good food for  bactreia.
How ever, I do not have problem by gas into stomach rather than stink from gut
Any way, many thanks
I will tell Professor next week, treat for bacteria at gut
There are three levels of a problem here:

1. GAS. Gas may be from inactivity, beeing slow, not moving around, not making decisions...all this affect peristalsis, which also becomes slow, and gas builds in the intestine.
2. Gas INCONTINENCE. A healthy person should be able to controll gas. Hemorrhoids are common reason for gas incontinence, then adhesions or scars in anal area, and weak muscles of the pelvic floor.
3. Gas SMELL. It can be from certain food.

Being active, checking for gas incontinence (with investigation, not only by doctor's finger in the office), and excluding certain foods - these are three levels of the solution.
hi boron  

thank you for evry thing

1  i am active at least i walk  1 hour  a daye  

2  making decision  yes i dont participate socially  in active  just live .

3   the scar is some thing i thik that afect  controlling(incontinnence  the gas

i have questions born

1  eating non (exclude ) protien means no smell  onlly  gas

2   dont you think that artificial enzyme doesnot deacrese gas like beano they  claime    

on their web site
1. ACTIVITY. This means beeing in the "active mood", have a goal, have plans, have relationships, have a job which have a sense and bring joy. Not allowing that depression puts you down. Following wishes. I can persoinally confirm, that joyfull and hopefull feelings put the gut in the right order in minutes, in hours or in days.

2. Scar in the anus is possible. Not necessary that it can be seen from the gut side, so I think that an investigation to check a gas continence should be make. If incontinence will be confirmed, it may be repaired by a minor operation which would release the fibrous tissue.

3. If I get you right, if you exclude proteins, your gas has no bad smell.

4. You probably already have all enzymes. Artificial enzymes are needed only when body don't produce enzymes in sufficient amount, mainly due to pancreatic disease.

Beano website is a commercial site. They want to sell things. I personally don't believe Beano is solution for you. You noticed improvement with your diet trial. That suppurative boil you had maybe left a scar which makes you gas incontinent. You've said your problem started just then. I suggest you get involved in something, something you wish. It's all in your hands and in doctor's hands - if the procedure will be needed.
To be honest, I've read some Beano clinical tests, and it was said to be helpful in reducing gas. But Beano helps only with gas which is a product of carbohydrates and NOT proteins. So, it helps in odorless gas.
Gas SMELL (if it is like rotten-eggs) comes from foods which contain SULPHUR.
The list of foods containing sulphur:
http://www.canarys-eye-view.org/challenges/food/sulfurfoods.html
Thank you for reply,
Two years ago,after read some of article about Gas INCONTINENCE, I  apporached distict nurse for incontinence. She asked me to see her every month and asked some excerise to improve weak muscles of the pelvic floor as put small rod into anus and took in and out by pelvic muscles while recording curves of strength of pelvic muscles in computer . That time, I thought that anal s£X would help to improve pelvic muscles. Any way, The nurse (West Indian Lady) had 35 years experience in the profession, did not have basic knowledge medicine, after few appointments, she did not know how to help me, and  said that to see specialist.  Any way, I do not know that  Hemorrhoids are in my colon ,if they were, they (doctors) might tell me.
Dear Minte (and some of this is for Pappu also),
I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to your messages you've been sending to me, Minte.  A lot is going on around here.  But I have some ideas I'm working on for you, and will post them in full later.  

I do have time, however, to say a couple things.  If you're missing a digestive enzyme, Minte, then a physician needs to determine how come your chemistry is goofed up, and get to the bottom of the situation and help you permanently.  Beano is just a bandaid.  You would be better off taking an alka seltzer.  And don't drink all this anti-diarrhea bottle stuff you mentioned early on.  You would be better off eating whole wheat bread.  Also, you said your gas smelled like fish, so do an internet google search for that particular odor as a health issue, and see what comes up.  

I also wanted to mention quickly that alcoholism can cause a bunch of B vitamin and mineral deficiencies, which can in turn give a person terrible gas.  In one of your very first posts, Minte, you mentioned you had cracks in the corners of your mouth, which is a sign of vitamin and mineral deficiency.  So, as a quick fix, I would recommend that if you are drinking (which Pappu said he was), that you stop drinking and find something else you like to do.  If you need to, get addicted to TV and chocolate, or video games (not a good idea), just whatever it takes to keep you off the streets, IF this is your problem.  Your motivation is to stop smelling.  In addition, find a reputable vitamin and mineral supplement and take those pills three times a week.  Also, you could benefit from "probiotics," which you can get by drinking Acidophilus milk or yogurt that has "live cultures" on the label, both of which are in grocery stores, and if it's not in yours, try looking in the "American" section of a large store in your area, or go to a "Natural Food Store," assuming you have something like that somewhere near where you live.

I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can with more info and to answer any more questions.
GG

hi  

ggreg thank you for your replaye

boron  you are
gases are not bad if they are not smell
even if i have too much gas i will not complain if it doesnot smell bad as you said i  read some that the smell come from sulphure .

1  if the  gas  decreased as anormal person i will not complain about it

2  and if there is no smell either i will   not complain either  even there is gas

i waist my time by reading newspaper, magazine books and watching american and indian movie on vcd . the rest of the day i go around the city.  i think iam very addicted to films but no chocolate in one year.
you are great i  saw the web you mention please see in detail about  human  enzyma deficincy
Minte, so, you will try it? Two days and you should see results.
If you would have one of the major digestive enzyme deficiency, you'd gave constant diarrhea, so I doubt you have this.

I've read beano site. Beano contains enzymes which can help to digest ONLY some carbohydrates, but they explicitely say this WOULD NOT help to remove SMELLY GAS, since smelly gas comes from proteins containing sulphur.
The problem in your case is actually EXCESS enzymes (they are in bacteria you have).
Wow, I went to see Professor in Liver and stomach, today. He said that nothing wrong with my liver, but Level of ALT is ok now, but little bit high than normal level, keep on eye on ALT level, I did blood test again. Then, I asked about smell from gut and told him as boron( forum member) told me to treat too many normal bacteria at gut. Then, I asked him as " Will you suggest any antibiotic tablet". He said that he is not expert in the field(Smell and bacteria), but, he will not suggest antibiotic tablets, if kill normal bacteria, other harmful bacteria will grow into gut, and it will be ended life threatening illness. So, I asked him , what's solution for smell from gut. No anwser. I thought that that time, I wanted to kill him. I took my time to see him as Professor in Medicine, He could not help me, but I did not kill him. It was against Law
hi

papu 1

i read on the web that after treating the bacteria with antibiotics they take yougurt and some tablet that contain a coted protection not to be destroyed by digestive acicd in the stomuch to rehabitate the usefull bacteria . please  ask this if it maye help. and google on ibs forums . sorry idont remembr the web adress where i asw it. may God be with .you .

boron

I really dont think i have exxess enzyme do you think that  bacteria produce enzymes  
if i have it i wish it  to be in the small intestine because that is where most of th nutrient absorbed  to the body after that no enzyme is usefull for human i think it is wher the gas come from digesting the undigested food and produce gas .  so if ihave ecxes enzyme it should be in th small intestine

also some people take lactese enzyme which is very effective on lactose intolerance people they have exeses gas too and it is said to be very effective

i printe out  the food listed on th web you gave me and i will definitely try  it

thank you boron

To: boron
hi boron

and also if it reduce the gas what i need it means it is a life saver i can   go to the toilet when the gas come if it is not frecuint and embaresment . few  times a daye  i think every person gas is smelly , may be different  on what he/ she eat
From my current knowledge, smelly gas may be from these reasons:

1. smell of rotten eggs: bacteria which can break down some sulphate molecules in proteins. Solution: Avoiding sulphur-rich foods:

2. barnyard smell: Clostridium difficile overgrowth, which often occurs after antibiotic treatment. Solution: Treatment with another antibiotics and probiotics, as prescribed.

3. sharp smell from unabsorbed fats. Diagnosis: Stool fat test, and tests tob find the cause of malabsorption. Temporary solution: low-fat diet.

I guess that other causes may be: spicy food (oh, yes) and certain other high-fibre food, parasites, unabsorbed bile, diverticulitis, suppurative lesions in anal area (abscess, fistula...), advanced cancer.

In an otherwise healthy person, some "wrong" food, and the 1st cause above are most often, I'd say.
With "excess enzymes" I've meant those which sulphate-reducing bacteria in the intestine (can't say now in which part of intestine excatly) have them. Low-sulphur diet should help you in two days, if these bacteria are the cause of the smell.

Lactase - enzyme which helps to break down lactose in lactose intolerant people, help to digest them dairy and thus prevents diarrhea. But this has nothing to do with the smelly gas, since the gas in lactose intolerance is not actually so smelly. Also, if you were having lactose intolerance, you'd have diarrhea after any dairy.
What's point , boron?, you put as oh yes into bracket behind spicy food.
When I eat some particular spices (something from paprica), oh yes, I get that smelly issue, oh yes, I know.

So, how's the smell? Low-sulphur diet, anyone tried?
I see,I got your point
still live smell like a poop , i cant able to do anything nothing chainged after all this time i tried very hard to chainge it but it has no solution or reamedy.