I Feel Like I Have A Ball Under My Right Rib cage
Hi. I am a 45 year old female , i have had this feeling like i have a ball under my right rib cage, for about five years now.
most of the time i am leaning too left all the time to allow what ever it is too have more room.
not painful just very uncomfortable. on the 21 of July 09 i had my gallbladder removed. thinking this would stop the feeling i was having *it also feels like  squeezing &contracting . i have had a total hystorectomy , my apindex  is gone. nothin left but the liver the pancreious.
any way the feeling that sent me too see the doc who said i needed my gallbladder out because it was infected.
which is this annoying squeezing sensation, also feels like i have  ball in there. it is till there  no relief from it.
i am scared . i cant find any Dr that can find anything , have been through the ct scans the mri's the hidalscan, blood tests, which all say nothing there. i am scared it is my liver, i was so glad when i found this sight. i'm not alone. and i'm not crazy. i am going back to the doc on wed the 12 th  am going too insist that he check for hep.
and also liver problems .if any one has an answer it would be so much appreciated .
I have also been having the same issue.  I saw a gastroenterologist who ran a bunch of tests and couldn't find anything.  He described other patients with the same complaint of feeling a mass under the left ribs and advised that it is the bend in the colon where gas and food pass through with difficulty and it will press on the spleen.  He says that there's no real treatment for this and it isn't often overly painful.