Gastroenterology Community
I cant eat. Please help me eat again.

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I cant eat. Please help me eat again.

My Girlfriend cannot eat, if she eats anything she vomits it back up.   She can eat Skittles (The Little Sweets) and can keep down Actimol/Benecol style yoghurts.

This is really getting her down as she experiances a lot of stomach pains now and can not get more than 4-5 hours of sleep a night, she has no food, and gets her energy from 4-5 sugars in her cup of tea?

What can you suggest?  
i'd head off to a GI or get into a family doctor so he can refer you to a good one, and tell them the symptoms but first thing that comes to mind is either super bad ulcer or probably gastroparesis or something causing a blockage at the stomach valve.. the test is called a gastric emptying scan.  Another idea is to do an upper GI scope to look for problems as well.  The GI speicalist would be best to talk to.  I would continue doing the super easy to digest foods like milk shakes (heavy calories with calium should help) and maybe peppermints she can suck on to calm the gut while she waits for help but I wouldn't delay on that one.. get into someone asap.
Yeah, this is certainly not something to wait on. You need to find out why she cannot keep much down. It's totally hard to say what could be causing this since there's too many conditions it could be which is why you should get her in to see a specialist who can figure it out. Finding out the cause is a must since it very well could be urgent and any delay isn't a good idea because you don't know what is going on. More than likely it is something that can be treated but proper diagnosis is the key. With proper diagnose she will finally get some relief which is why she needs to be seen.
I can not say for sure, but I am currently in a similar situation. Does your girlfriend have a problem using the bathroom, #2? Well if so, she may have a block. I did a search and this is what I found. I thought this was my problem, but my Doctor said that I would not keep any food down if I had a impaction problem. Turns out I have Gallstones. The link and copy of information is below. I hope she gets better. Feel free to message me here if she would rather talk in private.
Take Care,
Shauna

http://www.healthline.com/galecontent/fecal-impaction-removal

Fecal impaction is the result of extreme constipation. As the patient is unable to expel the stool, it further accumulates into a larger, harder mass that is impossible to pass by normal defecation. This accumulated stool can extend up into the sigmoid colon, the loop of large bowel above the rectum. Impaction is most common in inactive elderly people, but there are other causes beside inactivity. Among the other causes are:

The possibility that the patient has a fecal impaction should be considered if he or she shows any or all of the following symptoms:

* complaints of inability to have a bowel movement despite frequently feeling the urge to defecate
    * upon defecation, the stool appears to be either diarrheic or thin and pencil-like
    * abdominal pain
    * bloating and a swollen or hard abdomen
    * anorexia, or lack of appetite; nausea; and vomiting
    * complaints of general malaise, or not feeling well
    * the presence of hard stool in the rectum
    * increased restlessness in patients suffering from Alzheimer's disease or other forms of dementia