I don't know what to do.
I've had diarrhea since last week on Sunday. So I've had diarrhea for almost two weeks. And recently I've been experiencing tightness in my chest. I do have asthma, I've had it all my life. But I continuously keep getting severe abdominal cramps and then I go to the bathroom alot. And the stools change, sometimes they're closer to watery, and sometimes they're more solid. I have severe anxiety and have a hard time leaving the house so I have a hard time getting to a doctor. I'm going to try to stop consuming dairy and wheat and all, anything with fiber, but do you think there's something seriously wrong>
Hi Haleyleeaann,
Sorry to hear about your stomach problems. It could be many things. I had something similar a few years ago and I was diagnosed with SIBO, small intestine bacterial overgrowth. I visited a gastroenterologist and he ordered a hydrogen breath test which confirmed the SIBO diagnosis. I was put on an antibiotic for a couple weeks which killed off the bad bacteria in the gut, along with the good guys, and then started taking Align probiotics to replenish the beneficial gut bacteria. I continue to take Align every few days since then. One of the things I noticed before being treated was really foul smelling stool. Now the smell is back to normal. The diarrhea has stopped and I am pretty regular these days. I still continue to get abdominal bloating though, but this might be due to a polyp in my gallbladder. Hope this helps.
It did help alot. I'm working on getting outside and stuff. I've been housebound since April. So it's gonna be tough to get to the doctor's but I'll make it. I appreciate your response! Today I haven't gone to the bathroom at all. I feel constipated now. I think because I avoided all fiber yesterday. All I ate was noodles haha. So maybe that constipated me. I don't know. I'm going to try to relax and stop stressing till my therapist comes to see me next weekend.