Gastroenterology Community
I found a releif for my chronic constipation

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I've suffered with a tortuous colon for over 30 years. The only thing that works for me is over the counter Miralax. It's sort of costly, but if you don't have medical insurance I would recommed you try it. Walmart is the cheapest place to buy it; It does take 2-3 days for it to work, but you have to take it daily. My boyfriend works in a pharmacy and he told me that you can get perscription Miralax, called Polyethylene Glycol 3350 NF for less than the cost of Miralax. My insurance copay is only $10 for a months supply. It works wonders.

If I forget to take it for one night, I'm stopped up again but then after taking it for 2 days, I'm going again. It doesn't give you explosive diarrhea, it gives you a nice solid bowel movement and you will feel as if you're actually emptying your bowels.