I have mono and now i have pain in my right side, below ribs.
I'm 19 and while at college I woke up on a monday morning to feel very tired, had a horrible headache, some muscle pains, cold/flu like symptoms. I was unable to stay awake for more than a 2-6 hours a day for the full week. This started on 4th. Finally on Friday the 8th I was able to see a doctor at the university medical center. I ended up finding out on the following monday, that my blood test came back positive for mono. I however started to feel better (but never 100%) and other than a lack of energy.. I was able to stay awake for normal hours. I knew I shouldnt drink, but I ended up drinking on the 15th, 16th and 18th. Today I woke up and my abs began to feel sore. Throughout the day I i started to develop pain... mainly in the right side of my body.. mainly just below my ribs but now it hurts up to almost my armpit. I have some pain in my left side, but not nearly as bad. I know about the problems mono can cause with your spleen, and it sounds almost the same, but just on the other side. I have a pretty high tolerance to pain and this is nothing too extreme but its very uncomfortable. It hurts mostly when I turn/twist my body but it does hurt slightly more than the constant pain when i breathe heavily. Is this a common problem? Can it be from sleeping weird? bowling (which im not used to doing)? I know I should see a doctor for it, I'm going to try to get into a family doctor as soon as possible with with the season it could be a few days. I was wondering what it could be and if I can wait for a family doctor or if it could require me to do a "walk-in" at the hospital
That's normal.  i had mono when i was 13 or so.  and i had the same pain.  it's u'r splene.  supposedly, the dr's say that's normal.  it takes the brunt of mono.
should bring to the attention of u'r pcp just to be safe.  but it should subside as you recover and heal.
mono takes quite awhile to get thru.
good luck.  that one was a doosy!
Mono can cause inflammation of the liver. The pain would be located around/under your right ribcage. It's normal with mono, but you should have your doctors run some liver function tests and have a follow up a month or so after you recover.

Hope you feel better soon.