Gastroenterology Community
I have mono and now i have pain in my right side, below ribs.
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I have mono and now i have pain in my right side, below ribs.

I'm 19 and while at college I woke up on a monday morning to feel very tired, had a horrible headache, some muscle pains, cold/flu like symptoms. I was unable to stay awake for more than a 2-6 hours a day for the full week. This started on 4th. Finally on Friday the 8th I was able to see a doctor at the university medical center. I ended up finding out on the following monday, that my blood test came back positive for mono. I however started to feel better (but never 100%) and other than a lack of energy.. I was able to stay awake for normal hours. I knew I shouldnt drink, but I ended up drinking on the 15th, 16th and 18th. Today I woke up and my abs began to feel sore. Throughout the day I i started to develop pain... mainly in the right side of my body.. mainly just below my ribs but now it hurts up to almost my armpit. I have some pain in my left side, but not nearly as bad. I know about the problems mono can cause with your spleen, and it sounds almost the same, but just on the other side. I have a pretty high tolerance to pain and this is nothing too extreme but its very uncomfortable. It hurts mostly when I turn/twist my body but it does hurt slightly more than the constant pain when i breathe heavily. Is this a common problem? Can it be from sleeping weird? bowling (which im not used to doing)? I know I should see a doctor for it, I'm going to try to get into a family doctor as soon as possible with with the season it could be a few days. I was wondering what it could be and if I can wait for a family doctor or if it could require me to do a "walk-in" at the hospital
Tags: Pain, Liver, family