Gastroenterology Community
I look 6 months pregnant
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I look 6 months pregnant

My stomach looks like I'm 6 or 7 months pregnant.  I have had several x-rays, ultrasounds and ct scans. I've had 3 children but have never had this issue until after my third child.  I've been to an GI dr. and had a colonoscopy which turn out fine.  Now they are telling me I need to lose all my baby weight.  I'm losing my weight but everywhere but my stomach.  Something is not right but I cannot get anyone to give me any answers.  My stomach is enlarged and hard.  It's not soft and flabby like I would expect after giving birth.  I didn't realize there was anyone else out there with the same problem until I went online.  I don't know what to do next.  I am considering a tummy tuck since that seems to be my only option but I do not want to go down that route.  Not to mention....this may not be the right solution.  What do I need / or should I do next??
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
483733_tn?1326802046
Insist on getting copies of your tests.  Some doctors feel that an ovarian cyst is harmless and won't say anything.  That could be causing the issue.  
Blank
Go to a different dr.  I had issues the same and and finally a barium enema revealed diverticulitis.  I also get concerned about the ovaries.  Good luck and kee me posted
Blank
did you also have a colonoscopy?  I would think something like that would have been found during that procedure but I'm unfamiliar with what diverticulitis is?  I don't have pain.  An occasional pain if I push on my stomach (left mid/bottom side) but everyone thinks I'm crazy.  I'm am losing weight which makes my stomach look even bigger.  The funny thing is that I feel the best in the morning and my lunch time (even if I haven't eaten anything but a banana for breakfast I take one bite of something and my stomach immediately expands.  By the evening is when it's at it worse.  Did they do all the other test that I mentioned above on you as well.  What were your symptoms and what kind of dr. performs a Barium enema (GI dr).  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Gastroenterology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank