Gastroenterology Community
I need Help!

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I need Help!

About two months ago now I had what started as abdominal cramping. The cramping then led to pain then the pain was in the middle to the left upper quadant that then spread to the back. Oh I had some bowel changes like longer fuller stools and thinner at the end. Well this past weekend I ended up in the ER and three days later, after 2 Ultra Sounds and a CT Scan I had a Hida scan and they said that my gallbladder had to come out that my ejection fraction was 18% and my gallbladder was inflammed. Well I am confused my GI Dr. said I wasnt symptomatic of gallbladder issues but then when I went to the ER they said that is what could have been causing ALL of my problems. I am only on day three of the healing and I am very sore.I am a worry wart! Has anyone had any similar problems and can I be sure that they did the RIGHT thing here or should I be worried it is something else? Someone help me !!!
I am having similar problems. My GI doctor told me that just because nothing showed up in CT Scan and Ultra sound, does not mean that there is nothing wrong with your gallbladder.Having  the Hida Scan was the best thing for them to do. I am going in for an Endoscopy soon and if that doesn't show anything then they will do the Hida Scan on me. I am sure you will be sore for a week or more after surgery. Good luck and I hope you feel better real soon.
Have a Gastro question?
100,000+ doctor answers