Gastroenterology Community
I smell like a**.

Ask questions on Gastroenterology issues: Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

I smell like a**.

My breath and body basically recently started smelling like poop, i know it may be bowel movement irregularities due to differences in my stool. what can help get rid of the smell?
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  What changes in your stool have you been having?
first off, thanks for taking the time. :)       i have been watching my diet and what i eat now and it has made a difference because it all started w constipation, and the times that i could go it would be like small and round shaped. and the thing was that i wouldn't eat, i would pig out. :/       so i decided to do something about it. so i began by flushing my stomach. i didn't wanna do it laxatives so i began taking fiber supplements, completely stopped eating meat, consumed more fruits and vegetables stuff to get my metabolism going. and by the 3rd day i believe i started to GO. (i would GO here and there before but it would be for lack of a better word, a small dump).  i kept it up, eating cranberries, oatmeal and such and it got me going.  this is my second week that im on and yes I've actually began going more frequent that i even lost a few pounds. Things take time i know but i would expect for the smell to decrease with how good things are going but its still there but im gonna keep this up, im actually gonna start running today btw.
Well, more fiber and fruits and vegetables was definitely a good decision.  That should help your constipation which might help the smell.  However, make sure you are drinking enough water.  If you eat too much fiber without drinking enough water, it can actually cause constipation.
Try putting on more body spray to drain the smell. And keep mints in your pocket.And others eat toothpaste your option:-)