Gastroenterology Community
I suffer acid reflux and is getting worse

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

My alergy (allergy) doctor dignost me with acid reflux, he gave me to medications but those make it worse, now the pain in the stomach is worse at the point that i dont want to eat anything...can you give me any recomendación for this problem? Any natural medication that will help?.thanks.
Some people swear by DGL - Deglycyrrhizinated Licorice as an alternative treatment for ulcers and digestive issues.

The thing is, if it's getting worse it sounds like you need to get this looked at by a doctor as soon as possible - even if you have to find another doc or walk into an emergency dept of a hospital.
What is DGL ?...i will look for anoTher doctor that maybe can give me answers about why is getting worse with the medicine, thanks for answering.
Deglycyrrhizinated licorice, also known as de-glycyrrhizinated licorice, or commonly referred to by the acronym DGL, is an herbal supplement typically used in the treatment of gastric and duodenal ulcers. It is made from licorice from which the glycyrrhizin has been removed.

Deglycyrrhizinated liquorice plus antacid is marketed in Europe, South Africa, and Canada, as a the medicinal preparation Caved-S. In the United States, DGL is marketed as an herbal supplement.
[edit] Research

Glycyrrhizin is known to cause negative side effects, such as hypertension and edema; removing the glycyrrhizin is meant to avoid these symptoms.

According to MedlinePlus and the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database, licorice is "possibly effective" for dyspepsia in combination with other herbs, but there is "insufficient evidence" to rate its effectiveness for other conditions. Regarding stomach ulcers, specifically, there is "some evidence...that specially prepared licorice will speed the healing of stomach ulcers".

An un-blinded study of 82 patients from the early 1980s, published in the British Medical Journal, reported that Caved-S had a therapeutic effect is similar to that of cimetidine in the treatment of gastric ulcers.