Gastroenterology Community
IBD, abdominal pain, orange stool, bile

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

IBD, abdominal pain, orange stool, bile

So I do have inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis)
I just had a colonoscopy (I am on 30mg prednisone on taper 5mg a week, oxycontin 20mg a day, and colazal)

my colonoscopy came back normal, except some inflammation in my rectum and in that area..

otherwise, my large intestine is fine.

Ive noticed over the last 2 weeks, I have orange stool, that dissolves quite easy, Ive also noticed Lately, that i have constipation, so I usually pass easier during the morning.

I also noticed these past few days that aside the orange stool, I believe I have some bile in the toilet bowl,

Today I avoided carrots and carrot juice, and papapya and apricots as I usually eat them daily to see if this change in color and "bile" will subside over the next few days.

However, along with these symptoms, in the center between my ribs upper abdomen, when I push in and hold, and then inhale I get a sharp pain, Ive also noticed discomfort to the right side of my upper abdomen, below my rib NEVER under my rib or Above my rib...

Now from my own research online, my concern is somthing to do with:

pancreas,
gall bladder,
liver,
bile ducts,

I am going to call my Gastroenterologist tommarow and speak to them about my concerns as well.

However, I had aliver panel done 1 week ago, and ALL my tests came back fine, Except I was low on iron and still have anemia..

Any advice? Any idea if these symptoms are typical of any of those concerns I have?

I was starting to think, that maybe I have constipation wich is where the pain is comming from?
I notice if I massage my abdomen, I pass gas, and I hear gurgling or water/liquid inside moving around, and usually eases my discomfort and helps me pass stool..

There is no blood, for the first time tho yesterday there was little mucus in my stool, and little diareah..

Thanks for your time, and Im aware you cannot give medical advice, but from what Im speaking of, what have you seen in the past? thanks goodnight.

This discussion is related to Orange stools.
Also, I have never had any pain in my lower back, and to the best of my knowledge, no pain in my upper right shoulder.. and if I do its from over excersizing, pushups, pullups etc...

I have also noticed excersizing relieves this abdominal pain...

and Im not sure if eating triggers it completely or not..
And ofcourse, I also forgot to add, I had constant bloating for the past week or two to go along with this...
hello, I have similar symptoms and have been to 2 gastroenterologists, two general MDs and one internal medicine doctor.  Tests all came back negative.  I have been sick like this for 3 months. Could you let me know how you situation turned out?  I dont know what this could be.  Thank you.