Gastroenterology Community
IBS OR INTESTINAL PARASITES?

This forum is for questions regarding Gastroenterology issues such as Acid Reflux (GERD), Barretts Esophagus, Colitis, Colon/Bowel Disorders, Crohn's Disease, Diverticulitis/ Diverticulosis, Digestive Disorders and Stomach Pain.

IBS OR INTESTINAL PARASITES?

to all those people with excessive belching and flatulence sometimes accompanied with nausea and acid reflux.
I am a 54 year female who for many years suffered with all of these conditions.  At first i believed my symptons were from food poisoning.  Like you, Dr's, depending on which one i saw that week, that the causes were, irritable bowel syndrome said one, the other said it was that i swallowed too much air (breathing just like everybody around me did), yet another said my body simply produces too much acid, hence the acid reflux.   Wanted to put me on a lifetime supply of Nexum.    Like you all out there, none of this was logical to me and i couldn't accept any of these reasons.
Continued the search.  Found a site called Women to Women.  One of their articles asked the question Irritable Bowel Sympton or intestinal parasites?  I read the article and low and behold, there were most all of my symptons before me.  Printed the article, took it to my Dr. told him i wanted a test for intestinal parasites.  He was extremely hesitant to do that, but i insisted.  It's a simple blood test and 1 week later, the results were in.  I had H PYLORI an intestinal parasite.  Took a 7 day cocktail of drugs and all my symptons were gone - I was feeling like I hadn't felt for years.  No Gas, No Belching, No flatulence unless i ate a gassy foods - like most people, cabbage, beans, etc.

If you've been diagnosed with this - DO NOT KID YOURSELF - it can return.  The thing is nobody knows how one gets these parasites in the first place, so how can they be avoided time and time again???  
I've taken 2 doses over the last 5 years and right at this moment, I am sufering with it again.    I am absolutely certain that all these problems come from intestinatal parasites.  The question now is how do we get rid of them for good and how do we get our intestines back to normal flora?  
To clarify something - h. pylori is actually a gram negative bacterium. We get it by mouth so if you share eating utensils, for example, with someone who has it, you can become infected. It definitely does mess with your digestive system. Many people with ulcers happen to have this bacterium.
From what i have been reading Eating Brocoli raw has an enymze that kills this fungas in the intestine also reading about Stabalized oyxgen or Liquid oxygen seems to if you take 10-20 drops in a gls of water seems to kill all acid and balance your levels know to kill parasites, herpes and other illness.  I want to try this but its not sold here in Peru so Im going to buy this online.  

Great book to read is BreakThrough The Miracle Mineral Suppliment.

Also if you have a partner then they need to be tested for Helicobacter Pylori as well so its not passed back and forth.