IBS? flatulence/gas..
ok im writing to u guys because this has become a bit of a problem but im too embarrssed to go to the docs.
when i was a baby basically i was diagnosed with IBS following exclusion of lactose intolerance and various things. the doctors apparently told my parents they thought i would grow out of IBS. i dont know why they said that it. anyway i haven't generally had problems, if im nervous ie before a an interview or test i'll get diarrhoea and sometimes stomach pain, but i can live with that. but recently iv had really bad smelly gas throughout the whole day and lately every day. the smells really bad and since im in a lecture theatre most of the day its not good! iv tried changing my diet abit but it doesnt make much difference. i think i also get abit of bloating, but thats about it. iv always had bad wind but not this bad or constant before. any ideas ? thanks
An elimination food challenge diet through guidance from a naturopath will help find the problem foods.
why do u think its a food prob, when it doesnt make any difference what i eat? wouldnt it just be due to the IBS?
Hi, i am back to these forums to provide you with the information which helped me to get over this terrible condition. For about 4-5 weeks i had constipation, diarriah, bowel movements, cramps, ...bad bad stinking gas =( ..at work, i sometimes had to go to toilet 10times an hour, sometimes for stool as this would come in tiny amounts but more often i would just go because of the gas. Then 1 day, it was so bad that i started smelling foulish..but i did not pass gas. That day i went to the doctors and took 1 week off holiday.

I had a colonoscopy and a gastroscopy done. The test results were that i had Gastritis. BUT this would not cause any of the symptoms mentioned above. So the doctor said its probably IBS. Which again let me in despair as i did not know how to work with this condition....

But since i had to take 2 sachets of Picolax 35hours before the treatment to empty my bowels, it cleaned away everything, and once my bowels were empty the whole week after the treatment i just ate potatoes, toasted white bread with butter, rich tea biscuits, rice. And i must say it worked!! On top of that, for the gastritis i had to take some antibiotics for the stomach for a week.

I did not eat any sweets, vegetable, fruit for more than a week to neutralise my bowels....thats all i did.
Maybe you should try this out. I really feel for anyone who has this symptoms and hope you all get rid of it as i did.

Get well soon !

Feel free to contact me if you have further questions:
***@****